BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCad 21 : CRASH with Stairs

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I was using the stairs tool to recreate some stairs from ArchiCad 20 when ArchiCad 21 crashed.

It became a great deal when I opened again the software : I got the message allowing to re-open the project I was working on, but It crashed again and again each time I tried to use this function (during the opening, not right after clicking on the option).

I'd like to know the effect of the only other option "Delete all", and if there will be an update to fix this problem.

I reported the problem (2017-07-26-16-49-36-9318), I checked my computer's behavior during a re-opening, it doesn't use more than 50% of it's CPU and less than 20% of the RAM (until the software crashes), so I don't think the problem is coming from the specs.

I'd really like to here from someone at Graphisoft about this, in advance, thank you.[/img]
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
I changed your subject line to note this crash - which is a serious issue.

Graphisoft does not respond on this forum (except in rare cases) - you must contact your local technical support who will be able to track the bug number that you included in your crash report. For France, this is Abvent in Paris:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/where_to_buy/europe/#FR
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
And if you use the 'Delete All' option, you will remove those auto-saved files from the list and will not be able to open them via the auto-save again.
So effectively you will lose all the changes you have made since you last manually saved the file.

This can be a good thing in this case if the last thing you modelled is causing Archicad to crash every time.
Your last manual save may not have this corrupt data.
But if it is a long time since you last manually saved you may lose a lot of work.

You can always open your last manual save (or even the BPN file which was the save before the last) and if you are happy to work with it then just carry on and delete the auto-save next time it pops up.

Otherwise it is sending in the bug report and contacting you local support (and not deleting the auto-save just yet) and hopefully getting a timely response and solution.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your responses,

I contacted my local support, Abvent.
I send them my file and the associated bpn, it seems to be the first time they ear about this problem, so they'll try to figure out how to correct it.

I'll post the news I get about it on this post, if you're interested in.
adamsb
Newcomer
Have you found out anything about this yet? I still have this crash, but only for one of my two computers. Very clearly just for the files that have begun to use the new stair tool.

Thanks,
AC21 64-bit
Mac OSX 10.12, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 64 GB mem
Mac OSX 10.11, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB mem
Learn and get certified!