Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ArchiCad Rotate Geometry not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
For whatever reason, I cannot get rotate geometry to work consistently in AC23. It works with some items, but not others. See video of it working for an appliance but not a toilet. Can't get it to work for a Mop Sink either.

14 REPLIES 14
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Andy wrote:
I am having this same problem in AC 24. I cannot use the "rotated geometry" method to insert any object that has to do with plumbing like a sink base or toilet / water closet. It works on all other objects, just not plumbing objects. Is there a fix for this?
Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for your question!
In Archicad 24, there is an option to convert newly placed objects to Equipment (MEP parts). If this function is turned on, even if you place a plumbing object with Object tool, it will be converted to MEP object after placing.

I asked the developer about what could cause the case, and here is the explanation:

- In Archicad 24 Update 2, there is a bug that turns on the above function automatically. It will be fixed in Update 3. Until then, you can turn if off manually by going to Options > Project Preferences > MEP Preferences, and turn off this function in the open dialog.

- MEP objects cannot be placed with "Geometry method: Rotated". We will try to improve this behavior in the future.

I hope this explains the situation. Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Andy Melaragno
Booster
Thanks Minh but I don't see "MEP Preferences" when I go to "Options > Project Preferences > MEP Preferences"
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
Barry Kelly
Andy wrote:
Thanks Minh but I don't see "MEP Preferences" when I go to "Options > Project Preferences > MEP Preferences"

I see you don't have options in the menu for structural analytical model either.
Looks like you are using a custom Work Environment or one from an older version of Archicad.

You either need to add the new commands to your WE or use the new WEs that come with 24.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Andy:

To add to Barry's advise: you can use the Architectural Profile 24 for your Work Environment.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Andy Melaragno
Booster
Thanks Barry and David. I didn't realize that new commands don't transfer to old work environments but that totally makes sense now that I think about it. I will have to go through and update my old work environments. Thanks for pointing that out!
-Andy
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz