BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

ArchiWizard (France): An alternative to EcoDesigner.....

PB
Advocate
Having just received an email promoting the latest release of ArchiWIZARD, a BIM energy analysis package available in France, I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this product from their experience (version 1, that is - V2 is only just being released)?

From a non-expert perspective, it seems considerably more advanced than ED, given that it takes account of solar incidence, external shading elements, etc.

The clear advantage to those of us in France is that it will, apparently, provide the compliance calculations for the impending mandatory energy regulations (RT2012).

I would dearly love ecoDesigner to do the same - for both French & UK reg's in my case.......
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
5 REPLIES 5
PB
Advocate
Just thought I'd re-launch this question - can anyone inform us?

Archiwizard seems to be significantly ahead of EcoDesigner*, or am I missing something...?
AC27 Apple Silicon. Twinmotion.
16" M1 Max MacBook Pro 32GB, Apple Studio Display, MacOS14
chrrev
Newcomer
I thought ArchiWiz was for Revit and Sketchup via IFC, is there a Archicad version?
Barry Kelly
If it simply uses IFC files, then Archicad can export those.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
DGSketcher
Legend
Not a good sign when you search for Archiwizard and the results are dominated by crack codes...
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Andy Thomson
Advisor

ED does do solar incidence calcs (refer to attached) on a window by window basis and does incorporate shading effects from structures and designated overhangs at each window dialogue.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!