Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 10 is announced

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

You can read Graphisoft's announcement on Archicad 10 here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
164 REPLIES 164
Rick Thompson
Expert
Stephen wrote:
At first glance, however, my already present concerns seem to grow that Graphisoft is moving away from the practical needs of the small architects and designers out there doing mostly residential work.

I also want to add my voice to those who have expressed concern that Archicad is moving away form the Mac look and feel with each release.

Please continue efforts to keep a clean, steamlined working environment as the complexity of Archicad grows.

Thanks
I totally sympathize with your concern. Many of the new features will go unused by me, as I too do basic residential work. I am not interested in doing Gehry work, and wish AC had some of the basic features some of these cheaper programs have (like intuitive listing)... however, I love AC10, and look forward to using it full time.

I work on a Mac, and to me any complaining about the look is silly. It's not anything GS does or doesn't do. Expose alone is worth being on a Mac. You can still chick one mouse button (if you set it up that way) and see all windows, easily finding the elevation window you buried... (etc)

AC10 improves the work flow and working environment, a big change ahead. I am very satisfied with that aspect.

Keep up the request for some of the basic features we need in the residential practice. Submit to the wish list. I think GS does notice and with feedback eventually adds features based on what will sell the updates, if they clearly know what you need.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Jefferson
Participant
Not until it is shipping ... except what is already announced.
Moderator speak for DON'T YOU DARE!!!
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
Djordje
Ace
Jefferson wrote:
Not until it is shipping ... except what is already announced.
Moderator speak for DON'T YOU DARE!!!
Naaah ...

Just reminding ...

😉
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
NigelMX
Contributor
Check out the germany graphisoft web site. It does the intro to 10 much better than the others.

PS and why are they not all the same?
Anonymous
Not applicable
NigelMX wrote:
Check out the germany graphisoft web site. It does the intro to 10 much better than the others.

PS and why are they not all the same?
I hope no one takes offense, but marketing has never been GS's strong suit. (But then they haven't buried themselves with excessive expenditures either - as did Architrion and speedikon.)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone out there tried ArchiCAD 10 on Windows 2000 professional?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am assuming that Archicad 10 has not been recomplied to run as a native 64 bit app?

With Vista coming out next year, Intel 64 bit macs hopefully out in August, lets hope that GS is gearing up for Archicad 11 to be 64 bit native.

Lets start a poll now
Thomas Holm
Booster
Archicad is already 64bit native, in the sense that it runs fine in both the special 64bit Windows and in MacOSX which is 64-bit ready already. There are other threads here about how certain rendering issues work better in in MacOSX and in Win64, so in that sense it's already there.

64bits is basically about being able to address huge amounts of memory, not about speed, in fact it can be slower if this memory space isn't there physically but has to be adressed as virtual memory.

I'm not sure of how Archicad would benefit from what you want?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it would be a native 64 bit application it would not run on winxp/32
I don't think this is the case.
It runs fine on winxp64 because winxp64 runs fine the 32 bit applications

and by the way how much ram does archicad uses ?
for me the 1.5G / proces that winxp32 allows has allways been enough
Anonymous
Not applicable
ofcourse its too much to ask for multicore support
Although multicores are almost a standard nowdays, and will be the only solution in a year from now.

I think this is one of the roads that GS cannot ignore (i hope so at least)