Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 10 is announced

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

You can read Graphisoft's announcement on Archicad 10 here:
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad/ac10/
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
164 REPLIES 164
Anonymous
Not applicable
Initial reaction; It was worth the wait. Very exciting.
Anonymous
Not applicable
the PDF import is a godsend.
justdhruv
Contributor
is it universal binary for the MACtels?
ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh
Electric Flute
Booster
I must say that despite of the excellent new features, Graphisoft needs to improve the marketing side of the announcement. Why not hire some good professionals? ArchiCAD deserves it.

Very poor website about a very good software
AC26 > AC5 - Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Overall ArchiCAD 10 looks to be very good! I look forward to using the many new features.

I'm optimistically hoping to be able to better use some of the old features namely, quantity calculations, but see no announcement of any new enhancements in this area. As usual Graphisoft alludes to this calculation functionality in the marketing hype...see Akos Pfemeter's partial quote from the press release:

"Our aim was to enable an unprecedented level of design freedom while staying within the Virtual Building framework of generating 3D geometry, quantity calculations and drawings. ..."

Can anyone at Graphisoft, or anyone in the know, provide us with more information on any new enhancements or improvements to the calculation functionality of this release?

Thanks,
Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Electric Flute" wrote:
I must say that despite of the excellent new features, Graphisoft needs to improve the marketing side of the announcement. Why not hire some good professionals? ArchiCAD deserves it.

Very poor website about a very good software :!:

I have to agree with you. I almost didn't see it on the website.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Take a look at the "archicad in action" section. It has a series of movies that highlight the new features...
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dan wrote:

Can anyone at Graphisoft, or anyone in the know, provide us with more information on any new enhancements or improvements to the calculation functionality of this release?

Interactive schedule has been integrated in the workflow also, meaning that schedules are now special "model views" integrated in the navigator. You can place them as drawings on layouts (they are not GDL objects anymore). They stay of course interactive when placed on layout. The pet palette also works with them for easy resizing and restructuring. The settings interface is redesigned also.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
archislave
Enthusiast
In the brochure it touts 'xp style control' with nary a mention of improved Mac OSX interface improvements. They did not mention that it will be a Universal App. It sounds more and more like like they care less about Mac Users. Archicad 9 had serious palette snapping and organization problems.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
Learn and get certified!