Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 11 and "curved" organic shapes for buildi

rob2218
Enthusiast
what's the best way?
to make curved organic shaped buildings in Archicad 11?
we at our office are faced with the task this time to produce a "cell-like" organic shape for a building conceptual design.

I thought about breaking the structure, skin, floor plates, walls, etc...as components. that way I could segment rather than curve objects and walls and yet appear to be more curvelinear.

What hints could you gurus tell me?

We will most likely need to export to 3DS file for the renderer company to import and further embellish our work.

thanks for any suggestions....
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
19 REPLIES 19
Eniko Pauko
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Karl wrote:
Yet, a MaxonForm update and add-on has not been released for 11 yet AFAIK...and it is unknown when it will be supported for MacIntel...

Karl
Dear Talkers,

Please let me inform you that expected release of MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 11 add-on is early August.
Enikő Paukó

ArchiCAD Product Manager
Eniko wrote:
Karl wrote:
Yet, a MaxonForm update and add-on has not been released for 11 yet AFAIK...and it is unknown when it will be supported for MacIntel...

Karl
Dear Talkers,

Please let me inform you that expected release of MaxonForm for ArchiCAD 11 add-on is early August.
Is it possible to know if it will be based on C4D's v9.xx or it's v!0.xx engine?
owen
Newcomer
taken from here .. which got slightly OT
owen wrote:
gkovacsp wrote:
owen wrote:
I'm also wondering why the C4D interface add-on is taking longer than the MaxonForm app itself, when you would think it provides the same functionality as is required to get the ArchiCAD model into/out-of MaxonForm - which is just C4D Lite no?
It will provide the same functionality on a newer (C4D 10) version of the application + it will support the Intel Mac platform - that's why it takes more.

Of course the other choice is to delay MaxonForm until C4D10 compatible version is ready...
Ok now i'm a little confused .. does this mean that the AC11 compatible MaxonForm app is still based on C4D R9 whereas the add-on will allow for AC11 to interface with a standalone C4D R10?
This makes sense and i completely understand why the add-on will take longer - I had made the assumption both would be upgraded to C4D R10.
So to me at least it seems that the app is still based on R9 whereas the interface add-on will be for R10.

If it's not then i don't think my original point was answered by Gabor .. the AC interface function (i.e the Add-On) - is one of the require functions for the MaxonForm application...
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Eniko Pauko
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Bricklyne wrote:
Is it possible to know if it will be based on C4D's v9.xx or it's v!0.xx engine?
MaxonForm is based on C4D 9.xx since ages because there are no important modeling enhancements compared to C4D 10, so we have not developed a MF based on C4D 10. This means also, that the add-on developed for MaxonForm is also compatible with C4D 9.xx
Currently we are working on an add-on/plug-in solution for C4D 10, that will be available in early September by our expectations.
Enikő Paukó

ArchiCAD Product Manager
Eniko wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
MaxonForm is based on C4D 9.xx since ages because there are no important modeling enhancements compared to C4D 10, so we have not developed a MF based on C4D 10. This means also, that the add-on developed for MaxonForm is also compatible with C4D 9.xx
Currently we are working on an add-on/plug-in solution for C4D 10, that will be available in early September by our expectations.
That's good to know. Thanks for the response.
rob2218
Enthusiast
I hear that Maxon forms will be available for Archicad 11 mid August 2007 (this year?) is this true? is there a more specific date in mind??
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Eniko Pauko
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
rob2218 wrote:
I hear that Maxon forms will be available for Archicad 11 mid August 2007 (this year?) is this true? is there a more specific date in mind??
Yes, it is true.
Enikő Paukó

ArchiCAD Product Manager
Paul King
Advisor
You could always get the AC11 Maxonform addon from Maxonform website - it is there.
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Eniko Pauko
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Paul wrote:
You could always get the AC11 Maxonform addon from Maxonform website - it is there.
Maxon creates an add-on for ArchiCAD, but it is not the same: it is developed for C4D originally for visualization and animation purposes. It does not provide bidirectional connection for creating and editing organic shapes, only enables the export of the ArchiCAD model to C4D.
Enikő Paukó

ArchiCAD Product Manager
Paul King
Advisor
Oops - my bad
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop