BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 11 trial version

csongraf
Contributor
Hello!

I have a costumer using AC11 trial version.
He made a project and something happened to his computer and he was forced to reinstall the Windows.
Now with the new Win the program starts, but he can't open that file:
"This Trial-version file can be opened only on the computer on which it was saved".

Please help me with some answers...
He needs to remake the whole project or there is some solution
Csongor BIRTÓK
CONSOFT Romania
7 REPLIES 7
Thomas Holm
Booster
csongraf wrote:
or there is some solution

Buy a license!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
csongraf
Contributor
That firm makes webdesign so i can't force them to buy a full Archicad.
And probably they don't want that to.
Csongor BIRTÓK
CONSOFT Romania
TomWaltz
Participant
So they made a project on the free 30-day license and now want to know what to do? I'd say they are S.O.L. unless they buy a license.
Tom Waltz
Thomas Holm
Booster
What you're asking for is essentially a way to hack around the trial version's protection - time and machine limit. You won't get it here. If somebody is stupid enough to bet his company on a free trial, that's his own problem. If he depends on using free software, he should limit himself to Google Sketchup and the like.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
What you're asking for is essentially a way to hack around the trial version's protection - time and machine limit. You won't get it here. If somebody is stupid enough to bet his company on a free trial, that's his own problem. If he depends on using free software, he should limit himself to Google Sketchup and the like.

No actually the new thing " i guess that i've read this somewhere " that the trial version will allow you to do the job only on a specific computer , meaning if you have 2 computers running trial versions you can't open a file created on PC1 on the trial version on PC2 , and i even guess you can't open it on a commercial version .
not sure
Thomas Holm
Booster
whatever wrote:
i even guess you can't open it on a commercial version
Not sure about that either - you'd have to ask a reseller. I'm sure you'd find a fine print "not intended for commercial use" somewhere, though.

But I would also guess that if you've bought a license, and prove a legit reason, your reseller would help you out of this predicament.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
whatever wrote:
i even guess you can't open it on a commercial version

Not sure about that either - you'd have to ask a reseller. I'm sure you'd find a fine print "not intended for commercial use" somewhere, though.

But I would also guess that if you've bought a license, and prove a legit reason, your reseller would help you out of this predicament.

yes sorry i didn't write the full idea in my head

yes i remember that you can upgrade the trial version to commercial " basically its buying a license " so on that computer you can convert all your trial files into commercial files .
Learn and get certified!