Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 12 - 3D Documentation Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
So we are considering turning out all of our wall sections.. as section perspectives using the 3d document tool....

Has anyone found a way to tag the location of the 3d document cut in plan as a live link??
5 REPLIES 5
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Hi,
The only way i can imagine is to place a Section "linked marker" on the floor plan and link it manually to the Viewpoint or to the View.
If you want to be very accurate, then first place the marker, and then draw the marquee with the section line as a reference.

I hope this works for you.

Regards.

Nando
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Chazz
Enthusiast
Paulinahtoo wrote:
So we are considering turning out all of our wall sections.. as section perspectives using the 3d document tool....
(not really addressing your question, I think Nando is on the right track though)

I was very excited about the prospect of using more 3D Document views too. And in fact I have for some simple things but the bummer of this tool is that it is SLOW. For all the speed improvements in v12, this tool does not feel fast enough to use in production.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Karl Ottenstein
You can link markers to viewpoints, etc., but for practical usage (producing a CD set), you'll most likely want the marker to be linked to a placed drawing. You can browse to a specific placed drawing, or select the 'first drawing of the selected view'.

This is the same technique you use with drawings placed from external sources - such as a PDF detail - or drawings that have multiple 'bugs' refer to them, such as typical details.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz wrote:
Paulinahtoo wrote:
(not really addressing your question, I think Nando is on the right track though)

I was very excited about the prospect of using more 3D Document views too. And in fact I have for some simple things but the bummer of this tool is that it is SLOW. For all the speed improvements in v12, this tool does not feel fast enough to use in production.
I haven't found this tool to be slow at all... we are running brand new Leopard duel processor Macs however and im guessing speed has to do with the hardware?

Now I am having another issue with the documenting tool - SCALING.. although i set my 3d doc scale and view scale.. the output is not true.. unless its scaling something else?

Anyway I am abandoning using this tool for wall sections since I cant trust the cut plane's true scale.. I am going to use this tool for general descriptive building section perspectives... here I am running into another problem - when i layout my 3d doc views... the perspectives do not match, in that one section cut through the building doesn't come in the same scale size as the next building section cut (say 10' father down but parallel to the first)

Anyone know if there is a way to control output scale of the cut elements in this tool?

Thanks Karl for the steps and jpeg!
Djordje
Ace
Paulinahtoo wrote:
Now I am having another issue with the documenting tool - SCALING.. although i set my 3d doc scale and view scale.. the output is not true.. unless its scaling something else?
The scale depends on the 3D projection settings in the 3D window that you create your 3DD from. Make sure that it is a true axo, with all the axes set to the same value.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen