BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 15 & 16 running simultaneously on same machine

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm working on a couple of projects. Moving to 16 with the new ones.

I have one session each of 15 and 16 open, and both seem to be behaving oddly.

In 15, layer tool is not responding to commands. (I say to unlock a layer, it stays locked. I try to update a layer combination, it reverts to previous setting after hitting OK)

In 16, slabs pasted in from a 15 session model don't show in 3d.

I installed 16 a few weeks ago, just applied the latest hotfix, but was not working with it until a couple days ago.

Suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not just open the version 15 file in 16 (save it to a new file name to preserve the old file just in case) I have done this with a few project with no issues - then all you need to is change to current and migration libraries through the library manager.
Karl Ottenstein
A wild punt Nathan: is it possible that both your 15 and 16 WE have the Company Standards > Special Folders set to custom locations... that happen to be the same? Shouldn't think it would matter, but maybe if the caches and temp files are in the same folder for both versions strange things happen when they are run at the same time...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan,

I have a very old computer, but can still run AC16. For some reason I cannot install the Hotfix 1 for AC16 (Archicad crashes at startup), so I am stuck, for the time being, using only one instance of AC16. I have been able to have AC16 running (as long as I open it first), with two separate instances of AC15 running. All at the same time. Most of the time the file sizes are between 30-50 MB compressed.

The only major problem I have is that the Open GL 3D window on the AC16 does not work properly, but I have a way around that. Both the AC15 & 16 are stable.

Jeff
Learn and get certified!