BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 15 new features on youtube.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's some youtube clips on Archicad 15 new features.

http://emuarchitects.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/archicad-15-new-features/
181 REPLIES 181
Chadwick
Newcomer
Not to 'pile on', but that upgrade is worth it for 3DS Max Design alone. All that other stuff is a bonus (Showcase and Sketchbook are pretty slick too).
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
sinceV6 wrote:
blobmeister wrote:
sinceV6 wrote:
GDL is indeed powerful. Very powerful. The logic and "smartness" of properly coded objects is just amazing. Code something right, with plenty of options, and you literally can get thousands of combinations with a single object/code. Revit doesn't come even close in this regard.
GDL is equivalent to Revit's API. So it's as GDL. All of those top notch architects use the API instead of the OOTB family editor.
Not exactly. AC has a separate API. The one that gets you those add-ons and extensions. The GDL scripting enviroment in AC is the equivalent to Revit's OOTB family editor.

Those top notch architects use the API to extend functionality when the software can do what they need, but not OOTB.

Well, i guess then that Archicad is far better then Revit. We should all be happy for using the best software and pity the Revit users.

I'm sounding a bit sarcastic here, but i can't imagine GDL knocking out a curtain system as the sample file by using a few simple C# lines as Revit's API.

GridNode gn = new GridNode();

int u = 0;
while( u < ds.NumberOfUGridlines )
{
gn.UIndex = u;

int v = 0;
while( v < ds.NumberOfVGridlines )
{
gn.VIndex = v;

if( ds.IsSeedNode( gn ) )
{
FamilyInstance fi
= ds.GetTileFamilyInstance( gn, 0 );

if( fi != null )
{
// implement logic here with each tile,
// for example change the type to glazing

fi.Symbol = pFamilySymbol.glazed;
}
}
v = v + 1;
}
u = u + 1;
}
curtain panel.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
NCornia wrote:
At first I was impressed by that suite for the price, but then I imagined actually trying to manage and install all of those licenses of software and I would need 2 or 3 monster computers to handle all of it. Autodesk is throwing everything but the kitchen sink at their users, why? And how productive are their customers going to actually be? Would you want 10 varied and complicated piece of software, or one efficient and simple piece of software?

The user experience in ArchiCAD is so much more enjoyable than any of those listed in the above suite and I have the best collaboration experience as well. I don't need a 2D cad program when ArchiCAD handles DWGs and layers extremely well.
Good for you. Lets hope more people have the same experience
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chadwick wrote:
Not to 'pile on', but that upgrade is worth it for 3DS Max Design alone. All that other stuff is a bonus (Showcase and Sketchbook are pretty slick too).
Cinema 4D is better than 3ds Max as well as MEP modeller is better than RAC MEP. But I guess for Revit users, the suite is the best they can get
Anonymous
Not applicable
blobmeister wrote:
Well, i guess then that Archicad is far better then Revit. We should all be happy for using the best software and pity the Revit users.
blobmeister wrote:
Cinema 4D is better than 3ds Max as well as MEP modeller is better than RAC MEP. But I guess for Revit users, the suite is the best they can get
blobmeister, Your posts is trolling?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Valery wrote:
blobmeister wrote:
blobmeister wrote:
blobmeister, Your posts is trolling?
And what is your point?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Stress wrote:
I know Laci is long gone, but where are Balazs Simonyi, Laszlo Vertesi and Gyuri Nyitrai??
Laszlo is the Vice President for Product Development, Balazs and Gyuri both work as Product Designers.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Chadwick
Newcomer
blobmeister wrote:
Chadwick wrote:
That may be so, but 3ds Max looks a lot nicer when the price tag is free
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
Anonymous
Not applicable
blobmeister wrote:
And what is your point?
If everything is good, will regard as a misunderstanding or as my ignorance of foreign language.

Returning to the subject, I want to express concern because of the prolonged release of videos about the tool "shell".
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Valery wrote:
Returning to the subject, I want to express concern because of the prolonged release of videos about the tool "shell".
I would not worry too much. I would guess that the technical marketing team was up against a deadline to get the dramatic videos out first to wow people and the technical videos will follow shortly.

Graphisoft is currently attending the American Insititue Of Archtitect's national convention to publicly debut ArchiCAD 15 so they have a lot going on. http://www.graphisoft.com/community/press_zone/ac15-aia.html Plus AC 15 will not even ship until June at the earliest so I am not too worried.

As Willie Wonka said, "The suspense is terrible... I hope it lasts."
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Learn and get certified!