Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 15 new features on youtube.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's some youtube clips on Archicad 15 new features.

http://emuarchitects.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/archicad-15-new-features/
181 REPLIES 181
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is the ArchiCADWiki page of ArchiCAD 15 where you can see some more info about the release:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD15
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
blobmeister wrote:
Cinema 4D is better than 3ds Max as well as MEP modeller is better than RAC MEP. But I guess for Revit users, the suite is the best they can get
I am one of the few sufferers of ArchiCAD MEP here in NZ. I do hope that it has improved in AC15 as many of the bugs weren't ironed out in 14 and I am still to receive resolution from GSHU.

The ArchiCAD guru's I asked for advice found it easier to model in primitives than use MEP....

As a BIM manager for a constructor having Architecture/Structure/MEP in one solution is gold! I do wish that Autodesk hadn't separated out the disciplines. Hey I wish that ArchiCAD was 1 package not lots of little costs....

Some of us users are toooo hard to please!!?!
Anonymous
Not applicable
ac 15 looks great on you tube display but then the workability and profiency will be tested when it hits the market officially.
i head a design team as senior project architect in lagos nigeria and the first firm to use archicad (BIM) for all its project but the trend is changing and revit seems to have taking pole postion causing dual split in the studio.
ac is the best for me so far but they have forgetten about the us(architects), market and what ROI means.
i use to comment back then on what we think should be added to the programe but newer version never got the extra bite we needed. we stopped with ac12 and waited,watched and pulled over to its competitor; that funnily has a market reach over here in nigeria and now adopted as choice software for most architecture schools in my country.
now our market would employ more revit hands that have toyed with its potential compared to ac which started the revolution.
my summary is that graphisoft has no clue of the market and its potential users.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Redworks,

In my opinion part of the problem with GS it the old maxim "By Architects, For Architects" or what have you. This is slightly conflicting with the idea of BIM as it encompasses design>build>operate.

BIM can only be successful when Architects learn that contractors, engineers, etc. have valid knowledge in their respective professions and that communication is possible, and needs to happens if their is to be collaboration at any level.
Anonymous
Not applicable
BIMTIM:

In all of your 35 posts, I don't recall one time where you posted
anything that was directly helpful to an ArchiCad user. You clearly prefer Revit.

My question to you is why do you continue to post here?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don wrote:
BIMTIM:

anything that was directly helpful to an ArchiCad user. You clearly prefer Revit.

My question to you is why do you continue to post here?
+1
Brett Brown
Advocate
Don wrote:
anything that was directly helpful to an ArchiCad user.
Pot calling the kettle black
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Anonymous
Not applicable
Don, what can I say? Wow, I have a fan who follows my posts!! :hug: :kiss: :censored:

I do suppose that honesty is not helpful to ArchiCAD users (or maybe only some?). If you are comfortable reveling in a false sense of security based on mis-education resulting in lies then I am definitely not helpful in the slightest.

I have never claimed to not prefer Revit. I use ArchiCAD on a frequent basis, and can see much merit. I can also see a more balanced view than most. I am going to be demonstrating the ArchiCAD MEP add-on(add-in, plug-in, thingimy) at our local BIM (ArchiCAD) Meeting, based on 9 months of intensive use, which could be considered helpful to the ArchiCAD community. You will notice references (if you did really read all my posts :smooch:) to my finding some simple broken functionality which highlights one of two things.
1. No one actually uses the MEP to model systems... or,
2. ArchiCAD users are too busy complaining about Revit to actually submit useful bug reports (the reseller here confirms that this is often the case). But why would one need to improve their already perfect product.

So, as I don't subscribe to the idea of the 'noble savage' I will not subscribe to either package being better (only better suited to certain tasks) nor that many users of all software packages avoid using ignorance as a weapon to feebly attempt to hide their ineptitude.

Fortunately I parade my ignorance until brave warriors like yourself drag me into the light of enlightenment!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I look forward to more videos about the new entity called SHELL
Anonymous
Not applicable
archibaldo wrote:
Most of archicad users are NOT Autocad-users converted to Archicad-Users like the most Revit-users are .
I was never an AutoCAD user (I was vector works and struggled with their attempt at 3D), and have met many AutoCAD users who despise Revit for being very different. Basically Flat CAD requires less construction knowledge, and a successful modeller requires construction knowledge.
archibaldo wrote:
Future architecture students may be attracted by Archicad or by Autodesk
I will support Archicad and i'm sure - that competition is good for both !
I do agree. Competition keeps everyone working toward making better product, and ultimately the users WIN!!

In many cases I will recommend ArchiCAD over Revit. This will however not change the affinity I have with Revit.

Fear not, I will continue to fight for freedum, just-ice and the american whey.

EDIT: thanks laszlonagy for the wiki. It appears that Graphisoft are gently moving toward some 'Revit' functionality. I do hope that this stills any 'they are copying us' crud, else there will be one nice chunky can of whoop grass opened!

'Single Element' roofs. Very useful!
Associative connections, one of the main reasons I prefer Revit, now brought to you by... Graphisoft...
extruded rotated and ruled (translation = swept) forms

Good to see that big Sister can learn from little Brother!