BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Sustainable design
About EcoDesigner, Energy Evaluation, Life Cycle Assessment, etc.

Archicad 16 and PHPP?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,
I'm playing for the first time with Archicad 16 and I'm looking for the button to export data to the PHPP: where is it?

Thanks!

Enrico
54 REPLIES 54
Barry Kelly
Miklos wrote:
Hi Guys,

I'm happy to let you know that we've finished the EcoDesigner* Public Beta development. This version is validated with to the Envelope tests of ASHRAE140. It has a very unique, architecture-friendly function-set that does a lot of high end, cool stuff.
It will be made available to you on the first week of January 2013, together with the ASHRAE140 test documentation.

Stay tuned for more info coming up soon.

Best Regards,

Miklos Sved
Enrico wrote:
As you can read in this discussion, the "basic" version of EcoDesigner (the one that has been included in Archicad 16) is NOT validated according to any international standard.

A more substantial energy tool - EcoDesigner Star - was announced in this discussion to be presented by the end of the year. This software is supposed to be validated according to ASHRAE standard (e.g. energy modeling for LEED certification) and EN 15265. Unfortunately, there have been no updates on the matter since end of August.
Miklos,
It sounds like you did not include Enrico in the Beta test as you said you would?
I am sure he would have been a most valuable contributor.
Miklos wrote:
Barry wrote:
If Enrico isn't aready then he needs to be on the Alpha/Beta test team for ED*
Barry.
Hi Barry,

Enrico is definitely on our list for the beta! 🙂

Regards,

Miklos Sved

Miklos wrote:
I hope a lot of you guys from AC-Talk will join the upcoming EcoDesigner Star beta! It's a chance for you to see some of your suggestions get implemented quick-like, as well as a great chance for us to field-test our new code.

Best Regards,

Miklos Sved
Did I miss the Beta announcement / invite?
Not that I could have contributed a lot to it as it is not my field of expertise by a long shot.
But Enrico sounds like quite the person to have on your team.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If I understood right what Miklos wrote, they finished the public beta development, meaning they finished coding the program version that will be launched as a public beta in January. He did not mean that they finished the public beta testing phase.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
laszlonagy wrote:
If I understood right what Miklos wrote, they finished the public beta development, meaning they finished coding the program version that will be launched as a public beta in January. He did not mean that they finished the public beta testing phase.
I obviously didn't read it so clearly.
My sincere appologies Miklos.

I guess after so long that I just instantly assumed that it must be finished now and was ready for release.
I really should read a little more carefully.
Sorry again.
Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
No problem.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, thank you Barry for endorsing me so much!

I've been re-doing my office template and on Dec 7th I've done quite a bit of passive design lately, including finite element thermal bridges (EN10211, EN 13370 and 13788), so yes, I have a lot of notes and ideas.

Site note: from end December until late January I'm going to be on honeymoon (Australia!), so I hope the beta testing period lasts until I get back.
Barry Kelly
Enrico wrote:
Site note: from end December until late January I'm going to be on honeymoon (Australia)
Congratulations.
I hope we can turn on some good weather for you - not like the heat wave the east coast had last week.
Enrico wrote:
so I hope the beta testing period lasts until I get back.
I hope so too - I don't understand half of what you mention in your posts.
You'll be a great asset.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
aahatimo
Newcomer
miklos,
what will eco designer star cost and will there be an archicad plus subscriber discount?
thanks!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know about the Jan 29th EcoDesigner Star webinar?

I saw a link on LinkedIn, but I found no details on the Graphsoft webpage.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Without any, ANY validation paper, EcoDesigner is worth NOTHING."

Hi Enrico Bonilauri, agree with you whole heartedly on this point, unless the results can be fairly easily referenced to national or international standards, its not worth very much as the energy modelling will need to be carried out again separately anyway in another software package.

PHPP is an excellent benchmark, therefore I would like to ask you Enrico how well did Ecodesigner export project data over to the PHPP spreadsheet?

thanks
Learn and get certified!