BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archicad 17 template

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I just opened our customized Archicad 16 template and saved it as a 17 template. Are there any disadvantages to doing this-should I start from scratch with a new template with our custom layers, fills, favorites, etc.?
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only been using 17 for a couple of days but think it a good idea to start from scratch as there are many moves of menu parts and other selection items that would only be available with the latest menus etc. I am waiting and working through the processes in order to assure that the latest and greatest get included in the template.

As a check after getting 17 open as shipped, change to the older work environment and see the differences.
Barry Kelly
Stephen wrote:
I just opened our customized Archicad 16 template and saved it as a 17 template. Are there any disadvantages to doing this-should I start from scratch with a new template with our custom layers, fills, favorites, etc.?
Layers, fills, materials, etc, will all be OK.
But you will want to have a look at the new Building Materials and make sure they are set up properly.
Also check your composites and complex profiles that they are now using the correct Building Materials.

The Work Environment that LEW mentioned is another matter.
You will either want to start with the default 17 WE and customise it to suit you or use your old 16 WE and try to find all the new commands and menus to add to it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried the 16 WE and it missed a bunch of the material settings. My thoughts were in agreement with the idea to start with the 17 as suggested and add the elements that you need from any of the previous versions.
Learn and get certified!