BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 19, Last selection active with copy and move

haidu_bogdan
Booster
Hi,
I realized now that in archicad 19, the last selection remains active whenever you do a copy or drag command. Is this changeable, can this be corrected. It's becoming very annoying for a software which promotes performance and speed as it delays most of my work.

Thanks,
Bogdan
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
I just tried on my laptop and original and copies become selected either through the menu or keyboard shortcut.
I could have sworn it was only the menu that did this on my office PC.
I won't be able to check it again for a couple days but I will try to remember to have a look when I get back to the office.

Barry.
I must have been imagining things.
Just tried on my office machine and that is now selecting the original when I drag multiple copies with the keyboard shortcut too.

If GS can change an option like this because of a request from "a lot of users" (which I am glad they are listening to the users) then surely they can add a switch in the Work Environment to turn this feature on or off.
Maybe there is a Registry switch?

I don't use it often but I wish it didn't select the original as well.
It doesn't with a simple drag a copy - let's be consistent and not do it for drag multiple copies either.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
mIRage66
Newcomer
I agree with the OP since I also wanted to complain about this.
The drag a multiple copy command got broken, or is it a "feature"? I didn't quite understand.

My problem is that I would always use "drag a multiple copy" even when copying just one thing, by quickly pressing ctrl+D followed by ctrl+command. Everything in a non thinking fraction of a second move. Been doing that for so long that it's extremely hard to unlearn and go back to using "drag a copy".

Really hope it's a bug!
And if it's a feature then I'm glad at least the drag a copy got spared...
Archicad 21/22/23, Windows 10 64bit,
Asus GL703VM, Intel i7 7700HQ, GTX 1060, 16GB
Learn and get certified!