BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 20

KeesW
Advocate
Any news on Archicad 20?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
15 REPLIES 15
Barry Kelly
It is on the way but nobody that knows anything is allowed to say what is in it due to NDA.
Going on past versions it should be released around mid-year but usually the new features are released a bit before that.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Other program makers including Vectorworks are releasing previews of upcoming releases to wet peoples appetites.
I wonder if GS will do this.
Gerald Hoffman
Booster
Rogerdodge,

Well they haven't yet and I have been using this program for going on 21 years now. Maybe an European mindset thing. I can't really understand the thinking really.

From a marketing point of view you might think they would want to get people thinking about about what is coming along in the next version and maybe starting to budget for it if they really see the benefit of either upgrading or maybe even signing on for the 1st time.

Oh well we will just have to wait and see what they have in store for us non Beta testers.
Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a new thing that started happening in the last year or two, I used to use Vectorworks so I keep an eye on their new releases to see what sort of improvements they come up with.
Chief Architect have also started releasing sneak peaks.
Maybe GS will see the benefits & do it too!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if the simple GDL creation tool mentioned near the bottom of the article below will turn up in AC20?

http://www.aecmag.com/technology-mainmenu-35/1035-review-grasshopper-archicad-connection
stefan
Expert
If you want to know about ArchiCAD 20, you can apply for beta-testing. You need to adhere to Non-Disclosure, however, so nothing is allowed to be shared.

I does require some effort: using pre-release software. It may/will crash from time to time, features may change and may even be cut during testing. You may realise that your favourite wish is not granted and it's already too late to do something about it. That's life with software releases. It's mainly meant to make what is included more bullet-proof and ready for production.

FWIW, during the beta-tests, the ArchiCAD file format is usually not updated to very late in the process, so while testing, you can still open files in ArchiCAD 19. This may be good to know and don't think I'm sharing anything crucial here.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not long now, all will be revealed!
mthd wrote:
Not long now, all will be revealed!
But.....how long is "not long"?

Is it longer than "not long",....or not as long as "longer".

...and by how much longer?
(*...hopefully not nearly long enough)

Anonymous
Not applicable
May be very soon?
Learn and get certified!