BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 22 crashes on 3d selection: Mac Catalina 10.15.7

applegate
Participant

4 REPLIES 4

Hello applegate,

It's a bit thin as an explanation.

Did you installed Archicad 22 update 7000 ?

This update is specific to using Archicad 22 with Catalina.

Here the link :

https://graphisoft.com/dl/ftp/techsupport/downloads/ac22/Archicad-22-INT-Update-7000-1.0.dmg

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
applegate
Participant

yes, update has been installed. Previously working fine. Catalina 10.15.7 was an auto install

not sure when it was installed. Have reloaded Archicad (repair) and installed updates.

Thanks for your help. Applegate

Vimi Rath
Participant

Hi.

I was using Archicad 24 on Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. It was working fine. However, lately its been crashing the eminent I open any old files I have worked on. For new files, The moment I enter 3d mode, it crashes and closes. Can someone help. Also I would like to switch to Archicad 25 so will that work with this version of Mac. Also would like to know what is the optimum system requirement for a decent speed of Archicad and its graphics. Have attached my system configuration. 

Screenshot 2021-11-23 at 7.01.45 AM.png

Your Graphics card may be the issue here.

I know nothing about Macs, but if this is a built-in card rather than a dedicated GPU, then make sure the Intel drivers are up to date.

I have no idea if Macs take care of this automatically or if it is something you have to do.

Archicad does not really like using just a built-in card.

I remember reading a post here somewhere where Minh recommends that the Intel drivers are up to date - but that was actually for a different problem - green lines on screen and I think it was a Windows PC.

I did find this post though that mentions crashing with Archicad 22 on Mac.

I am not sure if any of it will help.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-forum/Archicad-22-crashing-when-opening-on-a-HD-mo...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!