Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archicad 23 MDE Files

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Having a problem in archicad 23 on windows student version. I can only publish MDE files yet the hotlink manager will only import MOD files. Ive attached screenshots below, didnt have this issue in 22.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

This issue is about inconsistency in saving module files in ARCHICAD EDU version. When you are working in EDU version of ARCHICAD, you can create module file in two ways:

1: File > Save as > select MOD extension: In this case, a MOD file is created that can be placed into another EDU ARCHICAD project without any problems.

2: Export MOD with the Publisher: this creates an MDE file. The problem is with this option: as you mentioned, it cannot be placed as a hotlink module. A workaround found by our colleagues is you can rename the *.MDE to *.MOD, then the file can be placed as a module.

Unfortunately, I don't have Educational License to test it. Let me know if the above suggestions help. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT