Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 23 Update 4006 Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made the first ARCHICAD 23 Update 4006 available. We have created packages for the INT, USA, AUS, UKI, NZE, GER, AUT and CHE versions so far and they all passed our Quality Control.

The "Check for Updates" feature should notify end users about the new version already. We will keep testing the rest of the language versions and release them as they pass our Quality Control.

You can read the Release Notes and download the update installers here

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Since updating, Archicad is taking a lot to open the projects (15 min) , only the first archicad window will take so much, when opening files from the archicad window it takes the regular time. Before updating it would take a couple minutes.Can it be related with this update?

Thanks
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Markus,

Thank you for your question and I am sorry about the issue!

From your description, it is difficult for me to find out what is causing this slowness issue. May I ask you some questions to make the situation clearer:
- Does the slowness happen if you start ARCHICAD, then create a new file? If yes, does it freeze after clicking New?
- Is there any antivirus program installed on your computer?
- Could you share with me the System Information (NFO) of your computer? Here is how you can acquire this file: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7822-create-system-information-file-windows-10-a.html

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning Minh,
I've got the same problem.
It don't take 15 minutes in my case, but it takes much longer time to open a file at FIRST time after starting AC.
Ofcourse an antivirus program is running.
The problem is the NEW start monitor. It seems to be a "data collector" that checks anything.
I deleted ALL last time opened files because I assumed AC checks if all proposed files are available, but the delay did not change for FIRST open process.

To open 2ND-file goes quickly.

Best Regards
Mario
Barry Kelly
I haven't tried this update yet so can't say if it is a problem for me yet.
But I am just wondering if it is Archicad having a hard time finding the Archicad license.
I have heard of this happening before.

What sort of license do you (Mario and Markus) have.
Is it a local codemeter key, a network (remote) codemeter key or a software license?
I am just curious to see if there is commonality there.

You both say the first Archicad takes a long time, but the second file is quick.
Are you opening a second Archicad while the first one is still running?
Or just closing the first file, leaving Archicad running and then opening the second file in it?
Or are you shutting down Archicad and then opening it again for the second file? - I would be curious if this is fast or slow.

I will try the update soon, but I am actually in the middle of transitioning to 23 so didn't really want to install a preview upgrade yet.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

Thank you Barry for your comment! What Mario and Markus described is pretty similar to 2 known issues. One is licensing related and one is driver related. This can happen with previous builds as well, not specifically to 4006.

At startup dialog, after clicking New/Browse, ARCHICAD will look for the license, also request some information from the hardware. If something is preventing it from doing these tasks, ARCHICAD will freeze at startup, and will take a lot of time to get the necessary information for running.

Antivirus/firewall programs tend to block/slow down the communication from ARCHICAD to the license server. Running in DEMO mode will confirm this. If that's the case, please make sure the AV/Firewall programs will not alter the license checking process.

For another case, if you are using Intel GPU to run ARCHICAD (even though you have a dedicated GPU, but ARCHICAD choose to run on the Intel's one instead), outdated driver will obstruct the startup process. If this is the case, please update the Intel GPU driver to the latest version (27.20.100.8280).

Let me know how it goes for you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Marc H
Advisor
Hi Minh,
Just chiming in here regarding the GPU choices: After running a larger project (two buildings + parking structure) on a highly topographical site, I noticed AC23 was fairly slow on my MBP. This was until I thought to check the GPU setting. Turns out the MBP defaults to the integrated Intel GPU (just like my former PC laptop), which I normally do not notice on the frequently smaller work. Once I turned off the energy saving setting (pushing all work to the dedicated GPU), it ran extremely well.
With that, I started running the activity monitor and it seems if one is running a larger project, the gating performance factor will be the VRAM, not the processor or RAM. While the project frequently runs about 3.7GB across the GPU, it does frequently push to 4.5GB (noticed mostly when moving through 3D with detail texture and shadow), which is where a dedicated 8GB GPU allows for a more fluid workflow.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Marc wrote:
Hi Minh,
Just chiming in here regarding the GPU choices: After running a larger project (two buildings + parking structure) on a highly topographical site, I noticed AC23 was fairly slow on my MBP. This was until I thought to check the GPU setting. Turns out the MBP defaults to the integrated Intel GPU (just like my former PC laptop), which I normally do not notice on the frequently smaller work. Once I turned off the energy saving setting (pushing all work to the dedicated GPU), it ran extremely well.
With that, I started running the activity monitor and it seems if one is running a larger project, the gating performance factor will be the VRAM, not the processor or RAM. While the project frequently runs about 3.7GB across the GPU, it does frequently push to 4.5GB (noticed mostly when moving through 3D with detail texture and shadow), which is where a dedicated 8GB GPU allows for a more fluid workflow.
Hi Marc,

Thank you for sharing your experience! Although I'm a Windows user, I handled some similar cases. macOS tends to be very aggressive with power management in order to reach 8-10 hours of working. Because of that, ARCHICAD may run on Intel GPU.

Your suggestion is exactly what we usually ask our customers to check if they use macOS. Thank you very much for your contribution to the forum!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,

I searched on how to create the .nfo on Mac, without success.
I reinstalled archicad and the update 4006, now it's almost as fast as it was before.
Thanks for the help
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Markus,

Thank you very much for the good news! Glad to hear that it worked for you now!

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT