Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 23 & 24 Update Previews Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Yesterday we have made available the latest Preview versions of Archicad 23 Update 7000 and Archicad 24 Update 5000. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT language versions.

The Preview Update is only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install it on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.
We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from the Preview package to the Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

24 REPLIES 24
DGSketcher
Legend
@Minh, The Licence Manager has a prominent place on the linked page, are we supposed to be updating the LMT and drivers as part of this update?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Trevor,

I am very sorry for the confusion! The link was supposed to show the update packages on the top of the open page (so you don't have to scroll all the way down to find the packages. Unfortunately, this is also near the bottom, where the link to License Manager Tool is.

In short, no, there are no changes to the License Manager. You can download and install the package without reinstalling LMT.

Thank you very much for your question! Please let me know if you have any further comments about the updates!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Karl Ottenstein
Important for all Mac users to note: This AC 24 Preview build 5000 includes PARAM-O for the first time for the Mac platform! 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Dukatas
Participant
The Mac OS was the first home to ArchiCAD. Hope tools like PARAM-O are always released at the same time as their Windows based versions, not after.
Ben Hruska
ArchiCAD 3.1 - 24
iMac
Lingwisyer
Guru
Dukatas wrote:
same time as their Windows based versions

The ARM transition probably does not help...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Chris Phillips
Contributor
Param-o not to be seen anywhere on the UKI site...... have I missed something?
Dukatas wrote:
The Mac OS was the first home to ArchiCAD. Hope tools like PARAM-O are always released at the same time as their Windows based versions, not after.
With the exception of something like PARAM-O, the trend used to be (or IS) that most of their experimental tools are released on Mac OS/iOS platforms first, before Windows or any other (see : BIMx Pro, which was released for the iPad, I believe a couple of years before an Android version. There still does not exist a version for Microsoft Surface, which is probably the most powerful tablet out there on either platform).

And even right now there's still no dark interface capability or (True) Dual monitor usage capability for Windows ArchiCAD users.

I personally believe they shouldn't be showing preference for users of either OS - regardless of where the program was first developed.

But what do I know, right?
I'm just a Windows-based user - one of the (vastly many) more users of ArchiCAD, based on OS-type, who actually put the money into their pockets that help them push those features to Mac users first, before we can actually get to use or test them several versions later (if at all).
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Chris,

Did you install the Update?
Does Param-O appear in the list of Add-Ons in the Add-On Manager?
Do you have the 3 Param-O-related menu commands in the "File > Libraries and Objects" menu? I wonder if they are placed into the menu by the update.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Karl Ottenstein
Chris wrote:
Param-o not to be seen anywhere on the UKI site...... have I missed something?
You must follow the link in the original post to download this update, as it is a PREVIEW and will not show up in "Check for Updates". Here is that link again:

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads?type=AC&localization=UKI&version=24#updates

As Laszlo notes: PARAM-O is not a separate download. It is a built-in feature of AC 24. Included with the WIndows version from the beginning, it is included in the Mac version beginning with this update.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB