Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.

Archicad 24 Grasshopper Live Connection fails silently

njudkowsky
Participant

Hello,

I'm using Archicad 24 build 6004 (in German) and Rhino Version 7 (7.13.21348.13002, 2021-12-14), Grasshopper 1.0.0007 on macOS Catalina 10.15.7, and trying to get them to communicate with each other using the Grasshopper Live Connection plugin. I've been following the official GRAPHISOFT tutorial on this address https://education.graphisoft.com/mod/book/view.php?id=155&chapterid=1946, and at its last step, when the commentator enables the plugin from Archicad and the figures start showing up there, it doesn't do anything for me. I also tried many other tutorials, read the instructions manual, disabled firewall, uninstalled and reinstalled the extension about five times, restarted my computer, to no avail. From the AC GH Live Connection extension everything looks in order, with it displaying the green icon. I also closed the dialog box in order to make sure the plugin doesn't enter suspended mode, and docked it.

I'm also attaching a photo of the current setup.

I really hope someone could help me out here!

Thanks,

Natalie

Screenshot 2022-01-04 at 19.43.18.png

2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!

From your description, this seems to be a known issue. At the moment, the addon struggles with a small number of users on macOS system. We are working on finding out the culprit, but this is not an easy one, as it's difficult to replicate.

Thank you very much for your understanding! I will inform you once we have further news!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

I am experiencing the same problem with AC25 build 4017 and Rhino 7 (7.16.22067.13002, 2022-03-08) on macOS 12.3.1. Did you manage to solve this issue yet? If you need help to replicate the problem, just let me know!

Beste regards, Ruben!