Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 Update 2 released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

On Monday, we started the release of Archicad 24 Update 2 (build 4007)!

The Archicad 24 Update 2 is the first update that provides — among other enhancements — an improved Integrated Design workflow and Issue Management introduced with Archicad 24 in July. This update also includes the usual quality and stability improvements.

You may read the List of Improvements here, while the update installers are available on the Support > Downloads section of our website.

We prepared some YouTube video playlists and Help Center articles for Archicad 24 Update 2. Please have a look with the links below:
Should you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

17 REPLIES 17
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
rm wrote:
Is Graphisoft endorsing use of Apples Big Sur with this latest AC release?
Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, Big Sur is still not yet officially supported. Due to some OS's stability issues, we don't recommend upgrading, especially if this is your main work machine.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

rm
Expert
mnguyen wrote:
rm wrote:
Is Graphisoft endorsing use of Apples Big Sur with this latest AC release?
Hi Robert,

Unfortunately, Big Sur is still not yet officially supported. Due to some OS's stability issues, we don't recommend upgrading, especially if this is your main work machine.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh
Minh -

Thanks for the reply, but I am very confused by it. Most of us probably use the Adobe Suite of software, MS Office, not to mention accounting software.

I have no other vendor of software I use blaming Apple for their software not being ready for Big Sur. Why is GS always so behind the curve on this?!

We are even seeing many companies already announcing full compatibility with Apples new M1 processors.

By the time GS announces compatibility with Big Sur, a new OS will come out and the behind the curve cycle starts all over again....this not acceptable! GS is really dropping the ball here.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Robert,

We already announced our support for ARM Mac here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/130674/

We also did intensive tests with the M1 chip, of course Archicad ran on Big Sur during our tests: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/130695/

The reason we don’t recommend it yet is because we found a small number of machines who might encounter crashes when running Archicad on Big Sur, especially those with certain AMD graphics cards. We still have an ongoing investigation with Apple regarding this issue. Hopefully we will be able to announce full support for Big Sur soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

rm
Expert
mnguyen wrote:
Hi Robert,

We already announced our support for ARM Mac here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/130674/

We also did intensive tests with the M1 chip, of course Archicad ran on Big Sur during our tests: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/130695/

The reason we don’t recommend it yet is because we found a small number of machines who might encounter crashes when running Archicad on Big Sur, especially those with certain AMD graphics cards. We still have an ongoing investigation with Apple regarding this issue. Hopefully we will be able to announce full support for Big Sur soon!

Best regards,
Minh
Minh -

Interesting that GS thinks this issue is unique to using Big Sur. Attached is a file created in AC24 under Catalina. Ironically, this is the first time I have seen this issue, but it is the same issue I have seen posted on this thread with people using AC24 and Big Sur.
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
archislave
Enthusiast
It is ironic that Archicad started out on the Mac and came to windows with Windows 95. For 25 years they have treated it like a second class family member. Now they may have to make it the most honored family member once again. Apple will soon have 16 and 32 core Macs. This would be like not having an app for the iPhone in 2008 i they don't totally commit. Better get cracking after Christmas in Budapest!
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
rm wrote:

Minh -

Interesting that GS thinks this issue is unique to using Big Sur. Attached is a file created in AC24 under Catalina. Ironically, this is the first time I have seen this issue, but it is the same issue I have seen posted on this thread with people using AC24 and Big Sur.
Hi Robert,

This issue comes from Apple's driver issue. It was widely reported on other software as well, for example, Chrome: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251248169

The same workaround can be applied here: turn off 2D Hardware Acceleration. An OS update (which usually includes driver update) should be able to fix this. Previously, Eduardo also mentioned that the issue went away for him, so I guess it is OS related also.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

archislave
Enthusiast
Pursue MacOS with excellence and extensive testing to get it right! Apple Silicon is the future. No one will be using Windows PC's in 2 years!
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
Carlos Schwarz
Participant
Hi all,

before this update I had posted complaining about constant crashes, I am happy to say that the update made our life much easier! still some issues every now and then but much much better

thanks to all the team working on fixing issues!
Carlos Schwarz Rodriguez, Architect
Lyall Bills & Young Architects, London
Archicad 24 6004 UKI Full on macOS Big Sur v11.6
iMac 27-inch 2020, i5 3.1Ghz i5, 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB