Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 Update 3 and Archicad 23 Update 4 Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

We have released the Archicad 24 Update 3 (5000) and Archicad 23 Update 4 (7000). We have created the packages for INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER, AUT, ITA and FRA versions so far and they are passed our tests. The Check for Updates feature is enabled, it will notify you about the new updates soon. We will keep testing the rest of the language versions and release them as they pass our quality control.

Update 3 brings new exciting features to Archicad 24. This latest update makes PARAM-O available for users on macOS as well. With PARAM-O, users can quickly create custom objects and building elements — without writing a single line of GDL code or script — thanks to an easy-to-use interface developed with the architect in mind.

Learn more about PARAM-O by reading this article and watching the video below.

Here is the List of Improvements in Archicad 24 Update 3 and Archicad 23 Update 4. The Update installers are available on the Downloads section of our website.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let us know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

15 REPLIES 15
DGSketcher
Legend
@Minh. So a month on the build number hasn't changed from the preview release [5000]. Does that mean nothing has been fixed and if we have the preview version we don't need to download again?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Yes, that's correct! There were no new fixes in the release packages compared to the preview packages. If you have 5000 installed (7000 in case of Archicad 23), it means your Archicad is up-to-date.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
It seems that since I have updated to 24 build 5000, I have lost the start dialogue.

I thought it might have been something I switched of accidentally, but it has happened on both my PC and laptop.

Anyone else having this problem and how do I switch it back on?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Barry,

Thank you very much for the report!

Am I correct to assume that the start dialogue you mentioned is this one?

If that's the case, we haven't received any similar report so far. When Archicad starts, after the splash screen, what shows up afterward?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Barry Kelly
Hi Minh,
Yep, that is the one.
Archicad starts fine, just with an empty screen - no file.
I then have to go to the file menu to open a file.

I have just updated 23 on my laptop and now it won't start at all (24 still does but without the start dialogue).
Tried to open the Task Manager to see if there was anything there.
Eventually a message popped up to say a program could not start.
Now I just have a black screen!

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vistasp
Advisor
My startup dialog didn't go AWOL but, after loading a recently used file, I got a "Some Add-Ons could not be loaded" error message.

I checked the add-on manager and found an exclamation mark against ParamO (as opposed to Param-O). Made no changes as it could not be removed.

Closed AC and reopened the file. This time around, there was no error message. So all good, but just reporting.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Barry,

Thanks for the explanation! This is very strange to hear, I asked my colleague and we have never seen a case where the Startup dialog does not appear, but the Archicad interface can still open. May I ask how did you start Archicad: by double-clicking the ARCHICAD Starter/ARCHICAD.exe or by clicking the icon on Start Menu/Desktop?

I will send you a tool called "Sleepy tool" to collect the log at Archicad startup.

The case about AC23 is even stranger. Do you see the AC23's splash screen loading? Does it appear in Task Manager and then disappear? What do you mean by having a black screen in the end?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
vistasp wrote:
My startup dialog didn't go AWOL but, after loading a recently used file, I got a "Some Add-Ons could not be loaded" error message.

I checked the add-on manager and found nothing untoward. Made no changes. Closed AC and reopened the file. This time around, there was no error message. So all good, but just reporting.

Clipboarder.2021.03.30-002.png
Hello,

Thank you for the question!

This is a known issue with Archicad 24 Update 3 if you have PARAM-O installed before. Please have a look at this article for more information: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/134068/

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

vistasp
Advisor
Thanks Minh.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com