Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 & 23 Update Previews Released

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear All,

Today we have made available the latest preview versions of Archicad 24 4000 & Archicad 23 6000 Updates. We have created and tested packages for the INT, AUS, NZE, UKI, USA, GER & AUT language versions.

The Preview Updates are only available for the above language versions. If you attempt to install them on a different language version, you will get an error message about this.
We will create Public Update packages for all languages in the upcoming weeks. It will be possible to update from a Preview package to a Public one without a problem.

You can read the Release Notes and download the packages from here.

We discovered a regression issue with Model Compare that is affecting Archicad 24 Update Preview. However we plan to fix it on the final version of the Update.

Should you have any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

22 REPLIES 22
hello Minh,

are there also the MEP improvements implemented?

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Florian,

We made some improvement to the MEP Modeler for Archicad 24 via Update 2. Those improvements are mentioned in this Help Center article:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/127787/

Please let me know if you have any further questions! Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

gpowless
Advocate
I have searched BimComponents and I am unable to locate any of the new MEP objects. Can you provide a direct link?

Thanks.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
gpowless wrote:
I have searched BimComponents and I am unable to locate any of the new MEP objects. Can you provide a direct link?

Thanks.
Hello,

Thank you for the question! The new objects are expected to arrive around December. Sorry for keeping you waiting, and stay tuned!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Carlos Schwarz
Participant
Hi all,

has anyone been using this update on macos Catalina? any feedback? is it stable so far? we are keen to update but we are working on a critical project and we thought it would be safer to wait until the update is released as a proper update (not preview).

thanks!
Carlos
Carlos Schwarz Rodriguez, Architect
Lyall Bills & Young Architects, London
Archicad 24 6004 UKI Full on macOS Big Sur v11.6
iMac 27-inch 2020, i5 3.1Ghz i5, 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
insideru
Advocate
When working on a critical project its always best to refrain from any update, unless it fixes an even more critical bug impeding your workflow.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Carlos Schwarz
Participant
Thank you for the advise Insideru,

but yes, that is our case: we are a bit frustrated at the moment with frequent crashes and losing work already done...that's why we are keen to update. Knowing what we know now probably we shouldn't have started the project in AC24 until there were a few updates out...

Thanks,
Carlos
Carlos Schwarz Rodriguez, Architect
Lyall Bills & Young Architects, London
Archicad 24 6004 UKI Full on macOS Big Sur v11.6
iMac 27-inch 2020, i5 3.1Ghz i5, 32 GB 2667 Mhz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB
gpowless
Advocate
MEP AC24 4000. Any attempts to modify MEP parts results in crash. This has been tested on a few different projects and the result is the same.

When selected ducts show the adjustment nodes and don't appear to be connected. Attempts to stretch or shrink the duct sizes using these nodes are futile and duct length stays the same. Attempting to change the layers of any part is futile as MEP parts stay on same layer. The only way to change layers is by using the MEP Selection Set method. Attempting to move any MEP results in crash.

For reference AC24 3022 worked correctly.

In editing projects AC24 crashed randomly. I have tried numerous attempts at fixing the issues (repairing the project; deleting cache; searching for faulty components etc) to no avail. While ver 3022 crashed occasionally ver4000 seems to be seriously flawed.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
gpowless wrote:
MEP AC24 4000. Any attempts to modify MEP parts results in crash. This has been tested on a few different projects and the result is the same.

When selected ducts show the adjustment nodes and don't appear to be connected. Attempts to stretch or shrink the duct sizes using these nodes are futile and duct length stays the same. Attempting to change the layers of any part is futile as MEP parts stay on same layer. The only way to change layers is by using the MEP Selection Set method. Attempting to move any MEP results in crash.

For reference AC24 3022 worked correctly.

In editing projects AC24 crashed randomly. I have tried numerous attempts at fixing the issues (repairing the project; deleting cache; searching for faulty components etc) to no avail. While ver 3022 crashed occasionally ver4000 seems to be seriously flawed.
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

I'm wondering if you could share with me the bugID appeared after you sent the crash with MEP in Archicad 24? I can do a quick check to see whether it is a known issue in our database or not.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT