Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 24 released

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Archicad 24 was released today in multiple languages, along with new versions of BIMcloud and BIMx. Please read the press release here:

https://graphisoft.com/contact-us/press-relations#/pressreleases/graphisoft-delivers-archicad-24-and...

Effective today, the International, US, UK and Ireland, German, Austrian, French, Italian, and Brazilian localized packages are available for download on the official download site:
https://www.graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/downloads

Along with the release, lots of new materials are available about Archicad 24. Here is a list for reference:

Archicad 24 microsite on graphisoft.com: http://www.graphisoft.com/solutions/products/whats-new
Archicad 24 Help Center articles: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/?p=127166

Archicad New Feature Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnXY6vLUwlWXQHbH-NRf1_83sdzZNNYip

Archicad 24 Teaser:

Archicad User testimonials:

Archicad Teaser:

BIMcloud Teaser:

BIMx Teaser:

Integrated Design - The Power of ONE:

Integrated Design - Testimonials:

Meet the CEO of GRAPHISOFT:

GRAPHISOFT Career - Introduction by the CEO:

Meet Our Partners - Part 1:

Meet Our Partners - Part 2:

Meet Our Partners - Part 3:

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
67 REPLIES 67
jl_lt wrote:
hi mr. Brown. Vectorworks definitely looks very nice and the progress they have shown makes you wonder why archicad is so slow to implement things. still, most things on the video can be done with archicad also.

could you further elaborate about Archicad25? i think it will be a crucial release

We say this every year and almost every year (for the last several versions going back to v21 at least), they've been consistently disappointing and underwhelming.

Culminating in last year's version that seemingly had no improvements for architects or the architecture side, and improvements for engineers instead.

You seem to live in the kind of hope that long-time users can't seem to afford any more.

But hey, at least the bar is low.
Really really low.
jl_lt
Ace
yeah.im still kind of new to Archicad, so i still look at it with pink colored glasses. maybe time will turn it into dissapointment and cynism about our currently newly wed relationship. but who knows, they might susprise us one of these days.

two questions: is there a feature (or lack of) in archicad that prevented you from actually finishing the job? / and, what is the current limit you have found in archicad be it in terms of size or complexity?
Brett Brown
Advocate
Bricklyne wrote:
Really really low.
Are you insinuating that the competition is as woeful as Archicad and that Graphisoft doesn't have to do much to think they have the best or to keep ahead?

As you have rightly said, they have been for far too long trying to be something for everyone, and relying on Add-on companies to fill in the gaps. With this, they have omitted to get the core basics right, or listen to the user's requests and on and on. What a complete waste of users time the Wishes section is. They just don't listen.

Who asked Structural Analytical model exchange? A few High Rise companies I suspect. Now Graphisoft is asking for feedback after the fact. Shouldn't they have asked this question before they sunk all the time and money developing it for a select few?

As in the other thread on this, as we are doing mostly single-family residential homes our engineers just get our PDF plans and away they go. Has worked like this for decades and can't see it changing.

Graphisoft needs to take a leaf out of Vectorworks book and start making versions for different sectors.
Commercial High Rise etc (what it is now Teamwork) - Single Family Residential (probably an improved Solo) - Engineering as they are already going down this path apparently.

I thought an American CEO might bring change but that certainly hasn't eventuated. AC 25 case in point.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
jl_lt
Ace
Brett wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
Really really low.
Are you insinuating that the competition is as woeful as Archicad and that Graphisoft doesn't have to do much to think they have the best or to keep ahead?

As you have rightly said, they have been for far too long trying to be something for everyone, and relying on Add-on companies to fill in the gaps. With this, they have omitted to get the core basics right, or listen to the user's requests and on and on. What a complete waste of users time the Wishes section is. They just don't listen.

Who asked Structural Analytical model exchange? A few High Rise companies I suspect. Now Graphisoft is asking for feedback after the fact. Shouldn't they have asked this question before they sunk all the time and money developing it for a select few?

As in the other thread on this, as we are doing mostly single-family residential homes our engineers just get our PDF plans and away they go. Has worked like this for decades and can't see it changing.

Graphisoft needs to take a leaf out of Vectorworks book and start making versions for different sectors.
Commercial High Rise etc (what it is now Teamwork) - Single Family Residential (probably an improved Solo) - Engineering as they are already going down this path apparently.

I thought an American CEO might bring change but that certainly hasn't eventuated. AC 25 case in point.
Let me try to understand: You want Graphisoft to change direction yet you want to keep handing PDFs to structural engineers as it has been for decades?

Im sorry, but i cannot agree with this line of thinking. The moment we decided to jump head first into Archicad and Bim world we knew we would have to get away from older workflows. To do that, we accepted that we would have to adapt our work style and workflow to what the software has to offer (in this case Archicad, but if we had selected Revit or Vectorworks it would have been the same mindset) and then see how i could bring the software closer to what we want to do. Why would i want advanced software to perpetuate old working methods (which, amazingly, Archicad allows to if one wants it to) when i can explore new ones and possibly advance with it??

I understand there is resistance to change, which i have too; it took me forever to jump into BIM, thats why im still new to Archicad, but trying to enclose Archicad as a software for "single family residential" does a disservice to this software and many of its users as it can be used for any kind of projects. Just take a look at what guys like AgWA or De wylder Vink Tallieu, both from Belgium, are doing with Archicad.

(YES, the wishes sections needs a complete overhaul, as in, erase all old wishes and start all over again, but thats another topic)
Sunny75
Booster
Hi my 2 cents, we have been working with Vectorworks (2d and 3d) over 10 years and switched to Archicad, 1,5 year ago. What a difference! We accually didn't look back at all. The easyness of use, smoother workflow and way less crahes makes AC the go tool for us now.
Do not get fooled by the flashy presentations, working with archicad is actually much easier than working with VW, when it comes to user interface, handeling of 3d models, speed and modeling capabilities!
Brett wrote:
Bricklyne wrote:
Really really low.
No, I simply meant that they've spend the last several years producing such underwhelming releases after underwhelming releases, with barely any major improvements (that benefit all or most, and not just large "key client" firms) and culminating in the most recent release that barely even bothered trying to conceal the lack of any meaningful new features at all ( I guess they'll argue that Param-O was a big new feature, but.....that's an argument and discussion for another day).

So much so that NOW the bar of expectation for what to look forward to, as to whether they'll be any new features or major improvements for this next version is so low, they could get away with doing the bare minimum least in terms of a new release. Which, let's be honest, has been kind of the new normality anyway.

As long as it's released on time, and doesn't crash upon opening, then break out the champagne. glasses.
That's practically where we are at now as a userbase.
That we've been conditioned now to expect the least and have the lowest expectations.

And yes, they should just get rid of the Wishlist section altogether.

It doesn't make sense at this point to have it there when you're just going to ignore it and do what you want anyway which seems to involve producing features and "improvements" that most people didn't ask for,
....and then ask for feedback after the fact on these features that (I'd imagine) most aren't even using.
Like, if you're not interested in our opinion before you spend all the time and resources doing it, then logically speaking, why would our feedback be of any value after the fact?

Seems like a waste of time on both ends of that equation to me.
But that's just me.
jl_lt
Ace
Some time ago you quickly dismissed the idea of a curating effort for that wish list but just the other day i saw there are wishes from back to 2003, some of which might have even been accidentally addresed by Graphisoft!

So, bringing that topic back again, im sure there must be around 10-15 general issues we could all agree with, even Graphisoft AND key clients, that, if addressed, would cover around 80% of all complaints or at least benefit that much of the user base percentage: Why not focus everyones efforts on those and erase everything else? once those issues are solved we can go back complaining on the other 20% and Graphisoft back on trying to innovate.

(And yes, i agree its kind of strange to blindingly do something, like this SAM thing, and then ask for feedback on it when you could have probably gotten better results the other way around.)
Lingwisyer
Guru
Regarding wishes, if they just added feedback beyond that it was officially added to the wish list such as updates if one actually gets picked up followed by dev progress if so would be great. There is just very little transparency...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660