Upgraded to AC25 today (along with the AC25 update for the Grasshopper connection) and found that my Archicad crashes every time I try to enable the link. As soon as the "receiving incoming API" dialogue comes up my program crashes, no matter what Archicad file and what Grasshopper file I am trying to connect. Have tried reinstalling Archicad, the Grasshopper link, and Rhino 6 with no luck. I had been using this feature for the past year on multiple projects with Rhino6/AC24 without ever encountering this issue.
Has anybody else experienced this and, more importantly, found a fix for it?
Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the experience!
From the crash report, unfortunately we haven't been able to identify the cause of the crash. I'm wondering if there is a specific way to reproduce it? Could we somehow trigger the crash from a fresh Archicad project and a new Grasshopper file?
The error happens consistently with that particular Archicad file, however I have been able to recreate it with different files (though not consistently, as I have just managed to create a blank AC file and successfully link it to Grasshopper).
Is there anywhere you suggest I start with troubleshooting shy that particular AC file would be triggering the error?
As a start, could you please share with us the Archicad project file and the Grasshopper file that causes the crash, and how to reproduce it with these files? Please let me know if you will need a secure place to upload the file.
Thank you Minh, I have just uploaded those files. The "wall' element at the beginning of the GH definition should be linked to a series of generic walls in the AC file in the layer called "2 | exterior screens - reference walls" (will be hidden by default in the generic 3d perspective). Typically, as soon as I try to link the wall object at the beginning of the GH definition to the Archicad geometry, Archicad will crash. I have tried turning off all the rest of the model geometry while doing this, as well as transferring my work to a new GH definition but it doesn't make a difference. I previously worked on this definition without issue last summer on the same version of Rhino/Grasshopper and with Archicad 24, so something has changed with the new version that has made my file unstable it seems