BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 25 Stair

hgodhani98
Contributor

I am creating a custom stair on a project and was wondering if there is any way I can start the stair with a custom shaped landing. The stair is coming off a deck and and I would like to know if I can edit the shape of the first step. Any help is appreciated. I am attaching a screen shot and like you can see there is part that is overlapping the deck and I would like to eliminate that by customizing the shape. (Highlighted the shape I want it to be)

If you solution includes creating a slab as the first step and then starting the stairs, sorry but that is not what i am looking for. 

Thank You

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 4.04.31 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

This is probably not the perfect solution that you want, but it gets you what you want with the one stair.

BarryKelly_2-1658281504970.png

You must start your landing at right angles to your decking as the starting nodes of the stair can only be made wider/narrower.

Then select the boundary of the stair (not the baseline), and you can stretch the nodes to form any shape you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

A small box with the label Edit should pop up near your stair when you select it. When in Edit Mode you can select the landing and change it's shape much like you would a Fill. Do note though that this does not change the shape of the structure. In your case, the excess structure could be SEO'd away.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Solution
Barry Kelly

This is probably not the perfect solution that you want, but it gets you what you want with the one stair.

BarryKelly_2-1658281504970.png

You must start your landing at right angles to your decking as the starting nodes of the stair can only be made wider/narrower.

Then select the boundary of the stair (not the baseline), and you can stretch the nodes to form any shape you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!