Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 and GSID

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm curious how everyone is authenticating Archicad 25 in an office environment.
I understand that every installation needs to be authenticated but I don't see the sense in registering a GSID for each user (20) and I don't want to use my ID since everyone could then access my details and services, regardless of the sensitivity. I'm thinking of registering a new account with a password known to all. I could then enter the company name in the details but of course anyone could change this.
Your thoughts.
23 REPLIES 23
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eduardo,

I totally understand the concern. However, its mechanism works like this:

- Once you authenticate Archicad, the token is stored. You won't need to verify every time Archicad starts.

- If you don't have internet connection when you first start Archicad, there's no need for authentication. Archicad 25 will simply work as previous versions.

Please let me know if there is anything unclear!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Eduardo Rolon
That clears everything up.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
From my point, nothing is clear and it is NOT free or can I de-authenticate Archicad and then start AC25 WITHOUT internet connection?
I guess I know your answer, if I get one.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Mario,

Sorry for the frustration that you are having!

Regarding the article, Graphisoft ID is a free account means that you can create as many accounts as needed. It may or may not connect directly to licensing operations. On the other hand, the authentication process in Archicad 25 does not affect how licensing works.

To better understand your problem, could you please clarify the situation you are having?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Lingwisyer wrote:
Well, before you go make create a shared user, does this affect the Modified By, etc and teamwork user info? ie. Instead of pulling the computer user, it uses the GSID instead.

Ling.

ps. Wonder if this new req is part of the GS resell and sharing stance...
Hi Ling,

Sorry I missed your question!

As far as I know, the Graphisoft ID authentication should not affect Teamwork operations in Archicad 25. Basically, there's no change in Teamwork regarding Graphisoft ID.

As I mentioned, the aim of Graphisoft ID is to provide personalized services, thus it won't have a big impact on licensing in the near future.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

insideru
Advocate
I have a HW licence key (dongle).
Can i somehow store it in the "cloud" so i can use AC anywhere i am? I stated previously that my dongle is hooked up to my office USB hub, i never take it with me. This sound VERY interesting and i would sell my soul to the GS devil if i could use my license from time to time without the actual dongle.

I am stuck with dongles for all licenses we own in the office, even tho i tried to tell my reseller that i would like software ones. Not to mention that during lockdown, i was stuck @ home and i had my dongle in the office, i emailed them to give me an emergency 30 day key and they denied my request.

This whole HW key is so frustrating and so 90s. I would like to use my license(s) anywhere i am, as long as i have a computer and an internet connection. If my internet connection fails, then i can fall back to using the good ol' dongle.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
insideru wrote:
I have a HW licence key (dongle).
Can i somehow store it in the "cloud" so i can use AC anywhere i am? I stated previously that my dongle is hooked up to my office USB hub, i never take it with me. This sound VERY interesting and i would sell my soul to the GS devil if i could use my license from time to time without the actual dongle.

I am stuck with dongles for all licenses we own in the office, even tho i tried to tell my reseller that i would like software ones. Not to mention that during lockdown, i was stuck @ home and i had my dongle in the office, i emailed them to give me an emergency 30 day key and they denied my request.

This whole HW key is so frustrating and so 90s. I would like to use my license(s) anywhere i am, as long as i have a computer and an internet connection. If my internet connection fails, then i can fall back to using the good ol' dongle.
Hello,

That's very unfortunate!

Unfortunately, the Graphisoft ID is not capable of actual "cloud licensing" yet. But that's definitely in our roadmap!

Regarding your situation with the license, I would like to continue the conversation in private, as I would need some personal data for further investigation.

Thank you very much for raising the issue with me! Talk soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Mr. Minh Nguyen,
GS is catching big data, that's my problem. That's none of your business!
If I start AC in the morning, it takes 20 to 30 s since the new start up dialoge was established (AC23??).
What is AC doing during this time? I know the answer but I can't evidence it, so I'll not write it.
And the new login in AC25 is the next step.
Toppic finished from my point of view.

Regards
Mario Scht
Eduardo Rolon
I just had a weird issue with 25.
I have 2 users in my computer one for work the other for teaching and I have always been able to switch between users without previously having to close AC.
Today is the first time that AC would not open on the other user account even though License Manager recognized the connected dongle. AC kept indicating that there no license available.
I switched back, closed the 3 instances I had running, switched to the other user and AC ran fine.
I had not noticed before because I used to close AC since the projects I am working were big and I didn't want the system to slow down.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for the information, this is interesting!

May I ask when the issue happened, were you using the machine directly or through remote desktop connection (RDP)? Since you are using macOS, maybe RDP is not relevant but I just want to double-check. Nevertheless, this should not happen even on Archicad 25, so we need to dig a little deeper.

If the issue happens again, I would like to ask for the CmDust log from the current session
- On Mac: in a terminal window type:
cmu --cmdust > ~/CmDust.log
- On PC: run Start/All Programs/Codemeter/Tools/CmDust

On both platforms, a file named CmDust.log (or CmDust-Result.log) will be created in the userhome folder.
I will need this file for further investigation.

Thank you very much for your help!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT