Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 and Rhino7 grasshopper connection is crashing

Rb1990
Contributor

Hello, the moment I click on connect to grasshopper my Archicad 25 crashes on mac,

The Archicad is running the latest updates, and I only have one 'Grasshoppr-Archicad connection' installed

I Changed the 'com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist' to 'com.mcneel.rhinoceros.plist' to be able to create Archicad elements in Grasshopper on a different Archicad at my home pc (also mac, also rhino7 and AC25). The connection crash doesn't  occur there. 

Anyone know how to fix this?

8 REPLIES 8

same here. tried the plist trick, but it keeps making a new coy of the file. Unless someone has another idea, I think I will uninstall and reinstall both AC25 and Rhino 7.

I'm not certain that GS's uninstaller uninstalls everything and wonder if some old support files in the "Library" aren't getting deleted.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
sdeisher
Contributor

Running into the same issue with Archicad 25 and Rhino 7; crashes happen immediately after trying anything in the plugin. Already renamed the PLIST file to get the connection initiated. Can anyone help with this?

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27

I finally had luck by installing the connection add-on and then running the current ac hotfix again.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
sdeisher
Contributor

Thanks for the quick reply. I need to go through IT to get my Archicad updated. We are running macOS Monterey 12.6.3 and my current Archicad install is shown below. You're saying if I get the 6005 build then I should be good to go? In that case I would need to wait until the office is ready to update builds.
Screen Shot 2023-02-22 at 2.48.43 PM.png

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27

it's not so much the build I think. There's something in the connection add-on that is checked by the hot fix, so, if you apply a hot fix and then the add-on, something doesn't work. Re-applying the last hot fix seemed to do the trick.

Goodies work the same way.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
sdeisher
Contributor

Sorry if this is a basic question, but how do I apply this hotfix? I've downloaded the version for AC25 and Rhino 7 from the site: https://graphisoft.com/downloads/addons/interoperability/rhino

Says last updated October 6, 2021. Is there another place to apply either the Archicad or Grasshopper connection hotfix?

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27

you need to ask you It person. Hotfixing requires Administration privileges regardless of build number. you need to be on the same build as everyone else in your office or you'll foul up Teamwork project accessibility if you're on a later build that the rest.

Your IT person needs to reapply the patch of your current build, not a newer one if it exists.

Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
sdeisher
Contributor

Done and done, it is now working! Thanks a lot for your help. This is a very cool tool.

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27