Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 crashes

Polar Bear
Booster

hello,

archi 25 keeps on crashing.  on my both machine, windows and mac.

while doing simple functions like measuring and taking quantities...

It is unmeasurably annoying, we have deadlines and it's not moving.  We will have to save on ifc and work on revit for the coming week...

Thanks

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
17 REPLIES 17
Mjules
Mentor

Have you worked from the latest Archicad 25 update build 3011?

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

Thanks,

I had updated on the mac... still same problem.

Now updating on pc.  As it keep crashing, nothing much else top do but fiddle around with it stuff...  ... Thanks a lot for your support

Archicad 25 - 5010

Have you written down the number from the crash reporter and contacted your local technical support to track down the issue?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I understand your frustrations.!

This is one of the unacceptable bugs. A BIM software can't work without its dimension tools properly. These kinds of bugs should have been fixed within 24 hours by Graphisoft.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Thanks for the inputs.

No, i did not note it down.  When these things happens, i happen to be least bother about holding hands with a product that i paid 8K and that the sales man told me: it is faster and keeps files lighter than competitive product.  So far, as my experience goes, neither are true.  Design is good on pln, yes.  But documentation, it required lots of crafting, which i wasn't ready for.

thanks!

Archicad 25 - 5010

I did the update on windows, but for the rest of the days i avoided using the information function.  Lets see as times goes.  Thanks!!!

Archicad 25 - 5010

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

Based on your description (crash with Dimension tool), it seems to be a known bug in our database. If your project plan contains an arc with 0 length, it could cause a crash when using the dimension tool. To confirm this, I would like to kindly ask for the bug ID number showing up after sending it from the Bug Reporter (make sure to tick the check box send a detailed report to get the bug ID number).

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

@Minh Nguyen Architects or Designers can't ask clients to wait for construction documents until Graphisoft fixes the bugs relating to the Archicad's dimension tools. These tools are basic and necessary to produce construction documents as required by local architectural boards and municipal authorities in different countries. It's illegal for an architect to submit construction plans, sections, wall sections, and related construction details without dimensioning them. Therefore, it is more than an emergency to solve this problem once and for all. This cannot wait and Graphisoft is not a small company that is in its early phase either. That's why these kinds of bugs are unacceptable!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Hello,

i shall note the bug number next time.

Frankly, i do not mind helping develop the software by participating in bug testing...  but then who will do my work?  and what will i get out of it?  would i be ensured the bug or defect be sorted immediately?  in business, we can't really wait.

And for whomever comes from one of the Archicad competitor, we know the race is tight and that the other are performing.  So being heard is of prime concern.  

example: *** i am new to Archicad, the other day i released some drawing  without checking all pages had been updated and that object had not been overlapped (bring front/ back) (in some BIM software, we do not have to worry about that anymore... nor do we have to carefully sort out layers).

That is when i learnt Archicad has a much higher degree of craftmenship capacity.  Which is indeed appreciable for designing, not documenting.  The race is tight.

Thanks for all. this forum makes us feel like things are moving

Archicad 25 - 5010