Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 crashes

Polar Bear
Booster

hello,

archi 25 keeps on crashing.  on my both machine, windows and mac.

while doing simple functions like measuring and taking quantities...

It is unmeasurably annoying, we have deadlines and it's not moving.  We will have to save on ifc and work on revit for the coming week...

Thanks

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
17 REPLIES 17

There must be a contingency plan at Graphisoft so that its subscribers can urgently be served. There are cases that are more urgent than others. Bugs related to dimension tools are among very urgent cases that must be fixed urgently. Remember that an architect can be sanctioned or lose his or her license to practice because of such a situation. Think about that, Graphisoft!

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

@Polar Bear I just sent an email to the Graphisoft Headquarters about your inquiry so they can get in touch with you urgently. I know how important it is to solve this problem as a matter of urgency.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
tomyg
Booster

can anyone link me to the service pack update? i cannot find it on the website

@tomyg wrote:

can anyone link me to the service pack update? i cannot find it on the website

What do you mean by 'Service Pack Update'?

If you mean Archicad update, just go to the HELP menu and 'Check for Updates'

If you mean your Operating System update, do that through your operating system settings.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

terribly sorry for using the wrong terminology there. 

I found it, little bit convoluted on the website. cheers. 

@tomyg In case you were looking for the hyperlink allowing you to download the latest version of Archicad, here it is: https://graphisoft.com/us/resources-and-support/downloads?localization=USA&type=AC&version=25

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Mjules
Mentor

@Polar Bear From your floor plan(s), create a new viewpoint using the worksheet tool. Go to the worksheet drawing as created, and then put whatever the dimensions you need to. 

This should resolve your current issue with Archicad 25.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)

Hello,

The bug id is:

AC25-2021-11-05-21-00-36-7511

Basically, it crashes automatically when element information is on, even after the latest updates.  This product is really bad. 

And now they are asking me to renew my subscription.  Frankly arch 24 was running better.  

I am now turning towards consumer law in Québec.  We usually have good coverage from to a local law requesting manufacturer to provide goods which are durable etc.  You can read about it on various products website such as apple etc.  Need to see if it applies to software.  I am at the end of any possible energy to spare on software.  For small businesses, having to mingle with problems of purchased product which we paid 10K, is really not our cup of tea.  I am an architect, soft a software developper.  Had i wanted to do this kind of fiddling around i would have gotten myself a linux machine and at least, been part of an open community.  

You can probably sense my frustration...

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"