Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 inverted pan

julienK
Advocate

Hi,

I have a problem with Archicad 25 (build 3011 on macos catalina)

In 2D view  (plan or sections elevations) my pan is inverted in the vertical axis  and the window doesnt redraw on the new parts of the plan displayed.

Is this a know  bug? If not where can I report this?

4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

As the first step I would update graphics card driver just to make sure that is not causing these display peculiarities.

I was also wondering if your mouse settings have reverted the up and down directions and this is why you pan works this way in the vertical direction.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Lazslo.

I found the culprit.

I thought about the drivers  and  my mouse  is only inverted for the scrolling.

I'm on mac so  updating  the graphics card drivers  isn't an option. There are no more updates for Catalina. I can't update to anything  newer my mac pro is too old. #likeIfYouWantYourBossToGetYouANewRig

In the Archicad settings  in the advanced redraw options,  on the  first line 'model display  during 2D navigation' The bug  only occurs  if  I select something other than  'full model' . The other 2 options  break the redraw during panning. 

Something that wasn't clear on my first post.  It's not the pan  that is inverted  its  only  the redraw of the screen during  panning.  When  I release  my middle mouse button  the screen  gets redrawn  and the plan has moved in the correct direction. It's  only  during the panning (from the button pressed to button released) that the screen redraw  is inverted.

Thanks for the help anyway.

@julienK wrote:

In the Archicad settings  in the advanced redraw options,  on the  first line 'model display  during 2D navigation' The bug  only occurs  if  I select something other than  'full model' . The other 2 options  break the redraw during panning. 

The same solution was recommended in another post.

Thanks for confirming.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-forum/Redraw-Errors-During-Drag-Pan-with-ArchiCAD-...

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry, 

I did a quick search but didn't find this post.

I'll search more thoroughly before posting next time.