Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 needs 30 minutes to start

Martin Walter
Enthusiast

I have a Windows 10 machine. Till the last week Archicad25 worked.

But now after clicking on "new" project the mouse shows "busy" and nothing happens for 30 Minutes.

After 30 minutes it shows the dialog "license not found"

I already have reinstalled Archicad25 and done a Preference Cleaning

ArchicadStart.pnglicenseNotFound.png
AC23, Windows 10, i7-6700HQ, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Yes, it is seeming to get slower and slower to start for me.

The start dialogue appears quite quickly, but pressing 'Browse' or selecting a file from the list, it takes minutes to actually start to open the file.

Then quite a long time to load the file compared to previous versions.

I have even deleted all recent files in the list as I had heard it slows things down, but that hasn't helped.

I need to do some investigating to try and find the cause.

There was a time when 25 wouldn't start for me at all and Minh told me of some (preference?) files to delete.

I will try to find that information again as to what it was and will let you know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly wrote:

There was a time when 25 wouldn't start for me at all and Minh told me of some (preference?) files to delete.

I will try to find that information again as to what it was and will let you know.

I was mistaken.

Archicad did start, it was just the start-up dialogue would not appear.

Solution to that is here ... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-forum/No-startup-dialog-in-new-installed-Archicad2...

I don't think this will be any solution in your case.

You clearly see the start dialogue.

If you have a hardware (USB) key, have you tried removing it and plugging it in again, possibly even into a different port.

Or if you go to the Licence Manager, does you license show correctly.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing the experience and I am very sorry for the issue!

If you encounter slowness right after clicking New, it's likely that Archicad is having problem accessing the license. If you use only Single license (whether it's hardware-based or software-based license), it's best to set only localhost to the Server Search List of Codemeter:

• Open Codemeter Control Center, then click WebAdmin on the lower right corner
  • Configuration > Basic > Server Search List
  • Add localhost to the Server Search List and remove all other entries
  • Click Apply

Also, make sure that Archicad is added into the exclusion list of Firewall or Antivirus program if it's relevant.

When it comes to NET license, it's a bit tricky to diagnose. In most cases, the communication was hindered by Firewall or Antivirus program, but in some other cases, Archicad simply could not reach the server. In these situations, I suggest asking the IT support from your company, or reaching out to your local reseller/support for further investigation.

I hope this helps you with the case. Feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Martin Walter
Enthusiast

Thanks for the answers. But the problem is still not solved for me.

I don't have a license for Archicad 25. I have removed all other entries from the server search list and added "localhost".

But I do not have access to the firewall settings or Antivirus program, because I'm not administrator of the pc

AC23, Windows 10, i7-6700HQ, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb SSD

@Martin Walter wrote:

I don't have a license for Archicad 25.

But you do have a license for 23?

Is it a hardware (local USB key), network (on another machine), software license or educational/trial license?

I haven't tried anything yet so can't report back.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27