BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 25 survey coordinate point not recognised from AC23

Chris_Lz
Booster

Hi everyone,

Please help...

I have a big problem with the coordinate points in AC25. I have imported a big project from AC23 where I used the survey coordinate point object, and now in AC25 I can't see them at all. It's the only issue I noticed switching from AC23 to AC25. 

It's really a big issue for me, as there were over 40 coordinate points on the projects, on 4 storeys, plus the project survey point. 

Is there anything that can be done, I wish I don't have to manually add them again one by one, it's such a waste of time...

I don't even know what is the correspondent tool for this in AC25 and how to use it.

I have attached an image with how the points were placed in AC23 and the missing warning from AC25. 

Thank you.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 143501.jpgScreenshot 2021-12-05 152239.jpg
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry for the experience!

With your description, I could easily reproduce the issue. We couldn't come up with a solution, so I have entered a case into our system for further investigation. Once we have an answer, I will share it with you here!

Thank you very much for your understanding! I'll keep you posted!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Chris,

I have received an answer from the developer. Unfortunately in Archicad 25, we handle only one Survey Point in a project.

We had been thinking on the possibility of multiple survey points, but we wanted to concentrate on using the survey point as a coordination tool for position matching (basically with IFC files from other engineering disciplines).

If these Survey Points are important in the project, we can make a copy of the Survey Point object into the Embedded Library in the original PLN file, replace the object instances to this copied library part.

In order to do it:

- Select a Survey Point on the floor plan

- Open the object by using the hotkey Ctrl + Shift + O (or File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object)

- Save the object into Embedded Library: File > Save As. Give it a special name and click save.

- Replace the Survey Points in the project using this new object from the Embedded Library

- This will help preserve the Survey Points when opened in AC25.

I hope this helps you with the issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Chris,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry for the experience!

With your description, I could easily reproduce the issue. We couldn't come up with a solution, so I have entered a case into our system for further investigation. Once we have an answer, I will share it with you here!

Thank you very much for your understanding! I'll keep you posted!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

I have never used the survey point object, but as it was from version 23 (and I believe there is a new system in 25), make sure you have the migration libraries loaded.

This will hopefully migrate it to what ever is used in 25.

Or you could possible just load the old 23 object.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, thank you. I have loaded all the libraries parts, but this object doesn't seem to exist in the migration libraries to load it. I have also tried to read it directly from the archive but it doesn't work.

Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear Chris,

I have received an answer from the developer. Unfortunately in Archicad 25, we handle only one Survey Point in a project.

We had been thinking on the possibility of multiple survey points, but we wanted to concentrate on using the survey point as a coordination tool for position matching (basically with IFC files from other engineering disciplines).

If these Survey Points are important in the project, we can make a copy of the Survey Point object into the Embedded Library in the original PLN file, replace the object instances to this copied library part.

In order to do it:

- Select a Survey Point on the floor plan

- Open the object by using the hotkey Ctrl + Shift + O (or File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object)

- Save the object into Embedded Library: File > Save As. Give it a special name and click save.

- Replace the Survey Points in the project using this new object from the Embedded Library

- This will help preserve the Survey Points when opened in AC25.

I hope this helps you with the issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

Thank you very much, that's great work. The solution worked for me.

Learn and get certified!