Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25

Narska
Advocate
Where can I find a list of what new goodies we can expect in the next version of archicad?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
184 REPLIES 184
jl_lt
Ace
henryL wrote:

This is an embarrassing release.
As days passed and there wasnt any single mention of this release in the forums from Graphisoft i began to expect this. i wasnt dissapointed.
I don't know why you guys are complaining. We got a fabulous new Clothes Hanger object as part of this upgrade!
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
jl_lt
Ace
Richard wrote:
I don't know why you guys are complaining. We got a fabulous new Clothes Hanger object as part of this upgrade!
i wanted to laugh (because i actually needed to place a clothes hanger), but i couldnt
TMA_80
Enthusiast
Yes, I don't see how this could be put on the feature list, there is a portal that was created for that...and suposed to be updated . This is, imho, good but outdated to put ahead this "feature".
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Richard wrote:
LOL!!!!
I legitimately chuckled at that.

It brings back warm fuzzy memories of a version (I believe it was v19?) when among the "new" features and tools, they were flaunting the new Playground (Jungle gym) library object.
Well,...

At least now we know why they were so quiet and why there was so much radio silence and ultra-secrecy about this release (more than any other previous version IMO) in the past several weeks.

Never a good sign.

Hopefully this is the version that renews calls for an open roadmap for future version development plans, with perhaps maybe some movement from GS on this front.

But I'm not holding my breath.
rjwilden
Booster
Two of the new features, cabinets and 2D to 3D have been available for over a year with CI tools. Looks like they have just claimed an existing local tool as their own. Minor re tweaks of existing tools. Nothing-zero that will add any value to to the upgrade.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
rjwilden
Booster
CI tools has a webinar this afternoon. Wonder how they are going to sugar coat this.
Richard Wilden Design. Ltd
Dunedin, New Zealand.
Imac 27" i9 3.6GHz; 32GB Ram Mac OS 11.3
Archicad V23:V24
jl_lt
Ace
To be fair, like almost everyone, their workload and scope must have been affected with the pandemic. Also, the same as autocad at least, odd year releases were always underwhelming, with the true new features coming in the even numbered years. I guess is the same here, which makes sense because one year seems just too little time to implement too much changes in software.

Also, while it is something that would probably not benefit many current users directly, the Revit integration seems to actually be a good move for them revenue wise.

Still, what strikes the most is, of all the things they could have worked on, why did they waste resources with this shadow feature (which i dont think anyone asked for)?
jl_lt wrote:
To be fair, like almost everyone, their workload and scope must have been affected with the pandemic. Also, the same as autocad at least, odd year releases were always underwhelming, with the true new features coming in the even numbered years. I guess is the same here, which makes sense because one year seems just too little time to implement too much changes in software.

Also, while it is something that would probably not benefit many current users directly, the Revit integration seems to actually be a good move for them revenue wise.

Still, what strikes the most is, of all the things they could have worked on, why did they waste resources with this shadow feature (which i dont think anyone asked for)?
But the even number release before this one was already super-underwhelming.
And that one wasn't worked on during a pandemic.

And the odd number release before that wasn't that much to write home about either (on top of being a late release).

COVID would seem to me to be a convenient excuse - especially considering the fact that they work in one of those rare fields that was primed to handle remote working and virtual working situations better than other professions.

And yes, we've been banging the drum for years now that the one year release cycle seems rather insufficient to have a good robust release with plenty of useful features, but they seem permanently married to that at this point in time, so I wouldn't expect any change on that any time soon.

And spending development resources working on features no one really asked for seems to be their calling card these days.