Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25

Narska
Advocate
Where can I find a list of what new goodies we can expect in the next version of archicad?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
184 REPLIES 184
Podolsky
Ace
Interesting, who is designing ArchiCAD these days? Who is the main architect and decision maker of new features? There must be some specific group responsible for that.
Bring these guys here - looks like there are a lot of questions people have to them.
Martin Jan Rosa
Booster
Bricklyne wrote:
DGSketcher wrote:
I think a constant drip feeding of updates containing bug fixes, workflow improvements & minor features would be a good strategy. The Big push to upgrade could then be driven by must have new features like internal modules. I share the disappointment of this release, but from the Beta bugs I have a feeling there is some deep restructuring of the code in progress which, hopefully, will bring positive changes in the near future.
And it's been coming for the longest time.
Version 20 was largely a (literal) cosmetic upgrade with the interface getting "upgraded"
Well, as a good sign of the constant development of Archicad, one can consider how the most significant new features are taken for granted and from today's perspective it is hardly imaginable that we used to work without them. For example, the AC20 was "largely a cosmetic upgrade", but it also featured graphic overrides. I still remember how I've realised the surprising power of this new feature, as it wasn't communicated by GS as one of the "killer features" of the new version – I cannot imagine using Archicad without it now. Then AC21 and its vast redesign stair and rail tools (I hardly know anyone who fell in love with these renewed tools at a first sight and there are some issues with them until today, but I am grateful that they exist) – but what about the classifications and properties, that, once they are implemented into the workflow, significantly change the way one works? I am quite sure that in a year or two, every user will benefit from the features that were introduced recently.
Sure, I am lacking some features too (holes in the roof, please!), but on the other hand, I am glad that AC is stable yet a complex app that doesn't change with every single version.
BTW, I hope that there will be some interesting "hidden gems" in the new version too, even they are not listed on the related GS knowledgebase page yet. 😉
www.martinrosa.cz
GRAPHISOFT Certified Archicad BIM Manager, 2021, 2023
AC 27 CZ @ macOS 14.3
Eduardo Rolon
One gem is "Editing multiple Layer Combinations from the Layers Palette" like what could be done from Attribute Manager in 24.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Actually that can be done in AC23 too, might actually have been introduced in 22?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Eduardo Rolon
Erwin wrote:
Actually that can be done in AC23 too, might actually have been introduced in 22?
Getting old, too many upgrades to keep them straight.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

LERAT Bruno
Participant
Podolsky wrote:

are you paranoid ?
Archicad version 25 4013 since the 6.00

Mac OS BIG SUR - 11.6

Imac 3,7Ghz Intel Core i5 6 coeurs - 32Go - Radeon Pro 580X 8Go
Podolsky
Ace
I’m not. Paranoid unfortunately owners of big architectural corporation who choose ArchiCAD as a main tool in their practice. Paranoia is always based on ‘can do better and faster’. The idea, that software development for AEC market years behind that it could be, of corse, brings to business owners big suspicions. Currently there is software and users. Users are trained by software developers years how to operate. Luck of professional software operators it’s common problem. But behind of this problem hidden another - software is not completely following basic principles of parametrisaton and automation. Automation is the best answer to the question - can we do better and faster. Any business owner will prefer software, that do task faster - if on one platform I’ll spent three times more time - then why I need it? And why I need to pay for that. What the point if someone can professionally shape 3D and knows all buttons but doesn’t know architectural basics or how shall look like construction documentation. Sooner or later algorithms will replace all of them - and will be required only professional architectural knowledge. Buttons will press themselves. And this is only one right direction of BIM software development. Rest is just temporary show.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Guys, please stop discussing pirated Archicad copies and similar topics, it has no place on this forum.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Podolsky
Ace
Sorry, that was about new feature - licence update.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The sensation I received after clicking the link to view the "new features" of AC25 was identical to being Rickrolled.