Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25

Narska
Advocate
Where can I find a list of what new goodies we can expect in the next version of archicad?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
184 REPLIES 184
insideru
Advocate
Podolsky wrote:
And by the way - anybody knows what's new in Python commands in ArchiCAD 25? Where is possible to get that information?
From what i can tell, nothing.
http://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/archicadPythonPackage/modules.html
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Podolsky
Ace
Python web site is saying about version 25.1100 'New python commands were introduced'

https://pypi.org/project/archicad/

But apart of that - no information about new commands. What could be really useful - to extract information from schedules (or library parts variables) to generate Excel spreadsheets for better quantity take off and procurement. Not talking about possibility to write on Python complete Add-ons and tools, how it happens on many well known software. But this functionality might take ages to build up.
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Available JSON API for Archicad are here:
https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/JSONInterfaceDocumentation/#Introduction

New in AC25 are the Attribute related commands.

It's also worth referring to this page too for new API comments:
https://archicadapi.graphisoft.com/documentation/new-api-features-in-archicad-22

As some relate to working with Python though the API.

EDIT: Also refer to this post by Akos - https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=329656#p329656
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
bouhmidage
Advisor
Is there any interesting tutorials ?
How can we use python in archicad ?
Changing IDs isn't that much powerfull option
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Hello,

Most of my customers are using 10.13.6 which is stable since 12 novembre 2020.
How can they install AC25 on this OS ?
Few years ago, I remember modifying "systemversion.plist" file to be able to launch a application.
What about 10.13.6 and 10.14 ?
Using Catalina or Big Sur is absolutly not a solution because of hardware and other softwares on these OS.

I hope to help my customers to be able to use AC25 but how ?

Thanks about your help. !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Podolsky
Ace
Christophe,

You as a teacher shouldn't recommend to your customers to perform any tricks with OS, that contradicts with official Graphisoft recommendations. Because if something will go wrong - software will start crash all the time for example - guilty is going to be you.
You only can recommend to update to Catalina (10.15) following minimal software recommendation, or, if your clients don't want to update OS - you can recommend to install BootCamp and Windows 10. Now you can even get Windows 11 as part of MS Insider program.

Don't forget, that AC 25 has changed software protection system - that also can be related to OS version somehow.
Podolsky wrote:
You as a teacher shouldn't recommend to your customers to perform any tricks with OS, that contradicts with official Graphisoft recommendations. Because if something will go wrong - software will start crash all the time for example - guilty is going to be you.
I would never advise modifying an OS but it is advisable to find a solution if GS does not provide one. As for taking action, it is neither my job nor my responsibility. I am incapable of such a feat.
Podolsky wrote:
You only can recommend to update to Catalina (10.15) following minimal software recommendation,
Archicad is part of an existing ecosystem and must not cause a radical change in this system. Maybe it is essential.
Podolsky wrote:
or, if your clients don't want to update OS - you can recommend to install BootCamp and Windows 10. Now you can even get Windows 11 as part of MS Insider program.
Apple computers are PC like others with macOS.
Windows a solution ? Really ?
Podolsky wrote:
Don't forget, that AC 25 has changed software protection system - that also can be related to OS version somehow.
I do not forget anything and am perfectly aware of the progress of macOS in terms of ergonomics, security etc. I am not a victim but a witness to this problem. I have been using big sur on a daily basis since the beta version and with AC 22 to 24. I have beta tested AC 25 with Big Sur and it is now very stable and graphically satisfactory BUT not asking an Archicad user to change OS or even hardware for a simple question of version of archicad is not satisfactory.
There are a lot of users of Mojave and High sierra (I'm not). Archicad 25 is not available to them and it is a real subject to which I hope a solution.
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Christophe wrote:
Podolsky wrote:
I would never advise modifying an OS but it is advisable to find a solution if GS does not provide one. As for taking action, it is neither my job nor my responsibility. I am incapable of such a feat.
Podolsky wrote:
You only can recommend to update to Catalina (10.15) following minimal software recommendation,
Archicad is part of an existing ecosystem and must not cause a radical change in this system. Maybe it is essential.
Podolsky wrote:
or, if your clients don't want to update OS - you can recommend to install BootCamp and Windows 10. Now you can even get Windows 11 as part of MS Insider program.
Apple computers are PC like others with macOS.
Windows a solution ? Really ?
Podolsky wrote:
I do not forget anything and am perfectly aware of the progress of macOS in terms of ergonomics, security etc. I am not a victim but a witness to this problem. I have been using big sur on a daily basis since the beta version and with AC 22 to 24. I have beta tested AC 25 with Big Sur and it is now very stable and graphically satisfactory BUT not asking an Archicad user to change OS or even hardware for a simple question of version of archicad is not satisfactory.
There are a lot of users of Mojave and High sierra (I'm not). Archicad 25 is not available to them and it is a real subject to which I hope a solution.
Maybe Catalina is the only one
Christophe - FRANCE

Podolsky
Ace
Christophe,

Don't make headaches with this problem. You have customers, they want to use ArchiCAD 25 but they don't want to upgrade their OS to Catalina and stick to their preferred version of MacOS? Great - there is still solution to use Bootcamp with Windows.
They don't don't like second solution - you can then send them to ...

How could you imagine, if for example you have a client, who is using really old computer with small amount of RAM, but wants to run the newest version of software. You will ask him to get more RAM - or you will start to complain that software developers designed the system that using too much RAM, because you have a client ...ed in the head?
Thank you very much for your analysis, which I now fully share.
Christophe - FRANCE