Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25

Narska
Advocate
Where can I find a list of what new goodies we can expect in the next version of archicad?
Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
184 REPLIES 184
Anonymous
Not applicable
MartinRosa wrote:
[...]the polygonal opennings are great, but the tool will never be fully usable without the possibility to make openings in the roofs as well [...]
You're gonna get it as a major improvement in ArchiCAD 27.
Podolsky
Ace
As expected - this is kitchen cabinet (new one). How to make a hole for sink in upper panel if I'm using separate slab for worktop? Because I'm not using built-in worktop (counter), option to select sink is not available. That means I probably need to use SEO after to extract shape of sink from a cabinet. This problem existed ages - and now, after major update of kitchen cabinets is still there. WHY???
Anonymous
Not applicable
But it is the zones in section (with ability to label them) and the new scheduling features that will be coming in a future update (not too long I hope) that I am looking forward to the most.

Barry.
Hi Barry
Is that going to appear in 25?
Barry Kelly
Rogerdodge wrote:
Hi Barry
Is that going to appear in 25?

No guarantee, it is still under development (and I am not supposed to discuss it so I just found out).
But it was mentioned in the Aus launch webinar, which is why I mentioned it here.
The webinar was recorded but has not been posted yet.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's hoping because that is a feature I would love to have
jl_lt
Ace
You can already have it (section labels that read the zone name and number), with the simpleaddon utility that you can buy for 10 bucks in the homonimous website. Very basic but does what it promises.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah ha, i have the simple addons & didnt know that was in included. Thanks
jl_lt
Ace
vazkez wrote:
MartinRosa wrote:
[...]the polygonal opennings are great, but the tool will never be fully usable without the possibility to make openings in the roofs as well [...]
You're gonna get it as a major improvement in ArchiCAD 27.
joke aside, at the current rate even that seems unlikely
Anonymous
Not applicable
Podolsky wrote:
As expected - this is kitchen cabinet (new one). How to make a hole for sink in upper panel if I'm using separate slab for worktop? Because I'm not using built-in worktop (counter), option to select sink is not available. That means I probably need to use SEO after to extract shape of sink from a cabinet. This problem existed ages - and now, after major update of kitchen cabinets is still there. WHY???
To be happy, just use Solid Element Operations.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The textured elevations are fantastic. Well done GS team.