BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 26 - 2D Antialiasing - Possible BUG

henryL
Enthusiast

Hi, 

i usually work on a 27" inch 4k display at 150% windows scaling and with 2D antialiasing turned off. Half the lines are thick and blurry.  

Scaling at 100% is a bit better but you can still see the the problem.

No problem at all with Archicad 25.

Immagine 2022-07-19 153819.jpg
21 REPLIES 21
JohnJay
Expert

Contacted AC support about this and so far no reply apart from an auto email saying they had responded and if I didn't reply they would consider the matter closed

Even in the auto response it says they have a "copy of the response below" but there is no response...

I replied saying there has been no response and so far only silence

AC Support where are you on this issue please?

Unfortunately AC26 is unusable with the poor line rendering as it makes my eyes and head ache

Please could you let us know what is being done to fix this

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OT but relevant:

As always this reply will not be seen by anyone unless they have changed the default post order as detailed here:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Forum-settings/m-p/327331#M932

and here:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/This-New-Forum-Format-Sucks/td-p/333983

AC27 | i7990x | RTX4070 | W10
Botonis
Advisor

I am also experiencing screen quality problems. Even the input tab window shows the numbers thicker and distorted. When I zoom small text of 2mm (model size) the text gets 100% distorted.

Lines show thicker and not crisp at all. Everything compared to 25.

zoomed.jpg2.jpg
Botonis Botonakis
Civil Engineer, Enviromental Design MSc., BIM Manager for BS ArhitectsVR
Company or personal website
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Barry Kelly

Everyone, please make sure you contact your local Archicad support and complain about this display issue.

I have done this and asked them to pass the message on to Graphisoft HQ in Hungary.

I think only with people complaining through official channels, might this problem be looked into and hopefully fixed.

Otherwise I feel this problem will just be over looked.

The screen display is not a critical bug in that id does not crash Archicad or affect work output.

But it is rather annoying.

A bigger issue if the fonts actually moving (depends on the font style) in 26 as mentioned in other posts.

This link will hopefully let you contact your local support.

https://graphisoft.com/contact-us/get-in-touch

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Just seen the release notes of Archicad 26 Hotfix 4000:

• DEF-9678 FILE/3DM/IMPORT: 3dm files could not be hotlinked if the default template file name was changed.
  • DEF-7819 CRASH: Archicad crashed when opening a view.
  • DEF-9480 CRASH: Archicad crashed because of a list with too many characters in its name.
  • DEF-8419 GDL: Layers hidden in the GDL Object 2D Symbol Editor did not update.
  • DEF-8396 GDL: A new custom object had a fill mapped to its Building Material name.
  • DEF-7789 DOCUMENT: Associating one leg of a dimension to a hotspot of the story level marker resulted in the dimension not appearing in a layout.
  • DEF-7785 FILE/DWG/EXPORT: A library part that originated from a DWG and placed on a master layout changed size when exported.
  • DEF-7641 DOCUMENT: The process of issuing a check drawing in the drawing manager sometimes caused an up to date drawing to appear as if it were a modified drawing.
  • DEF-10269 TEAMWORK: BIMcloud URL + Path + Filename character length longer than 124 characters prevented the preparation of more than one project at a time for migration.
  • DEF-9111 TEAMWORK/DOCUMENT: A dimension placed in a section by one user and received by another user with a layout that referenced the section open sometimes had the dimension incorrectly placed.
  • DEF-7169 TEAMWORK/HOTLINK/MODEL: An opening placed in a hotlink sometimes disappeared when shared.
  • DEF-913 CRASH: Archicad crashed because of a communication bug between the Archicad Starter application and Archicad itself.
  • DEF-8775 TEAMWORK/CRASH: View settings sometimes became corrupt and caused Archicad to crash when the view was opened.
  • DEF-9606 FILE/SAF/IMPORT: Lost 2D Members during SAF import.
  • DEF-9179 FILE/SAF/EXPORT: Node names were lost from the “StructuralPointConnection” tab of a SAF file when a project that was located far from the origin was exported.
  • DEF-8617 MODEL: Survey point coordinates were changed after migration from Archicad 24 to Archicad 25.
  • DEF-7172 FILE/IFC/IMPORT: IfcReinforcingBars could not be imported into Archicad.
  • DEF-7036 CRASH: Archicad crashed sometimes after saving a view to layout with a curved wall that used a fill whose origin was the local origin
  • DEF-2637 FILE/DGN/IMPORT: Archicad crashed upon importing DGN file due to unused shared cell containing OLE data.
  • DEF-9465 MODEL: Panning and zooming in floor plan were lagging at a certain zoom range.
  • DEF-9464 USER INTERFACE: On Windows, lines appeared thicker on 2D when a scale of 175% was applied to the system display.
  • DEF-8341 USER INTERFACE: On macOS, clicking on the column’s head to change the sort order would reset the column’s width to a minimum with some palettes.
  • DEF-7766 DOCUMENT: After starting a new transmittal set and adding a new change on layouts, in certain situations, the layer combination on layouts was switched to the one being used on floor plan.
  • DEF-7591 EDIT: Rhino 7/Grasshopper did not receive data from Archicad, even though the connection appeared to be running.
  • DEF-7592 USER INTERFACE: 3D Window Size isn’t editable in View Settings
  • DEF-4010 TEAMWORK: A newly created MVO sometimes appeared missing to other teamwork users.
  • DEF-9235 DOCUMENT: Dimensions from GDL objects were lost from sections during Archicad 24 to Archicad 25 conversion.

I am not sure whether the user interface fixes are related to the rendering problem.

JUST TO CONFIRM THE FIX AT THE REGISTRY NOTE IN THE POST:

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Document-Visualize-forum/Fonts-displaying-incorrectly-after-movi...

FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE LINES. THE LEGACY RENDERING ENGINE WORKS CORRECTLY IN Archicad 26 COMPARED TO THE NEW ONE WHICH FOR SURE NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

Botonis Botonakis
Archicad 27. Windows 11. Intel Xeon 2699x2,64 GB RAM, Nvidia 3080Ti. 2 Monitors.
Botonis
Advisor

The update 4004 for 26 was just released but unfortuanately it does not fix the antialiasing problem.

Text is moving and distorted when zooming. Lines are thicker and sluggish.....

Pitty................

The comparison was made after deleting the registry fix that enabled the legacy rendering.

I will have to renable it.....

COMPARISON 25-26.jpgcomparison 200% scale.jpg
Botonis Botonakis
JohnJay
Expert

Installed the AC26 update but lines still look thick and blurry

Received an email from support a few weeks ago saying they'd be in touch with an update but only silence so far

They have officially recognized the bug after the preview hotfix was released. It is not mentioned whether it will be included in the final hotfix or a future one....

Check also here

https://community.Graphisoft.com/t5/Design-forum/Archicad-26-Update-4004-Preview-Antialising-BUG/m-p...

Botonis Botonakis
henryL
Enthusiast

Hello.

Have any of you tried to install the update 3? Has the antialiasing problem been resolved?

thanks 

Botonis
Advisor

It feels like it is fixed. The lines are not thick any more and the fonts are shown correctly.

Install the latest one because there several other things fixed.

Botonis Botonakis
JohnJay
Expert

It's the same as before here

Irregular line thickness in AC26.  If I use the registry hack then it all looks as expected (like AC25 and earlier)

Update 5004 installed

Learn and get certified!