BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 Layers

Too Long
Enthusiast

How do I select all layers, lock/unlock and hide/show all layers in the new layers window?

AC26 AUS Full
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
joelsdg
Enthusiast

I've found that if you click/select one layer name in the Layers window and then on your keyboard press the "Command-A" (MacOS) keys at the same time, you'll select all the layers.  Then click the eyeball on any of your layers and it will affect all of the layers.  Click on a layer name to deselect all of the layers.

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
joelsdg
Enthusiast

I've found that if you click/select one layer name in the Layers window and then on your keyboard press the "Command-A" (MacOS) keys at the same time, you'll select all the layers.  Then click the eyeball on any of your layers and it will affect all of the layers.  Click on a layer name to deselect all of the layers.

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9
ryejuan
Advisor

yeah they remove the assigned buttons to it.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

hmmmm....unfortunate...

AC26 AUS Full

thank you

AC26 AUS Full

ok thankyou. How functional is this when setting up new layer combinations?

@Chopper wrote:

ok thankyou. How functional is this when setting up new layer combinations?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

New layer combinations automatically contain all of the layers.

It is only when you want to select all of the layers at once that you CMD+A (Mac) or CTRL+A (PC) to select them.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for the suggestions, but aren't we going backward, I have been working with many versions behind, this V26 is definitely loosing it, instead of just clicking the provided icons to turn all off, turns all on, select all, just with a click of a mouse (see v25 the latest below) now you what, command-A, and eyeball on any of your layers, etc, this task time 100 times during work in a day, you now doing it twice as much work, this is definately a step backwards. Thanks Graphisoft. Don't change it if ain't broke.

acad- up to 25.png

Just set up a new layer combination that turns all layers on.

This is even easier than the old way with the buttons.

You then just swap the layer combination.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Daniel Pataki
Booster

If you only want to see temporarily all layers, there is anyway a better method:

Menu/Documentation/Layers/"Show all layers" - I can strongly recommend to make an icon for it, so it will be a way faster way to see everything alltogether.

If you want to unlock/lock layers temporarily, you should always use the "quick layers" palette.

Personally I never used this feature, what you are missing, as I found the methods mentioned above much more intuitive.

Archicad BIM-Expert
https://www.a-null.com/
Learn and get certified!