Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 26 is stuck generating section/elevation projection.

t3rks
Participant

I'm using Archicad 26 and was working on a projects elevation. Don't remember exactly how, maybe I was changing elevation view settings, but Archicad started the "Generating Section/Elev.      8 I Projecting".  And it won't stop. It has been going on for about 12 hours. When I try to click the box to abort, it stops for a second and I am able to click other things on the projects, but it's only for a second. Then the generating box comes back. I'm not able to click on anything in the project, other than the upper "file", "edit" etc tabs. But I can only click on them, I can't click further. Like I can't click on options -> element attributes -> layers.

I have tried to fix it by restarting my computer, force quitting the program. But when I open it again, it resumes in the elevation with the generating box. I tried to duplicate the file but the problem still remains. The latest saved version was also somehow made during the error so I guess it makes sense that it resumes with the problem.

t3rks_1-1671450275968.png

9 REPLIES 9
Djordje
Ace

if it crashed or you have crashed it while generating the elevation, you will have to leave it running over a weekend or overnight to generate the elevation, and then you can see why is it happening.

Check for elevation fills, and other settings... there could be a very dense fill that takes ages to generate... we once had a case of an elevation with gravel fill on the slope that took two days to generate. Removed the gravel, and it was less than a minute.

Patience is your friend.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Lingwisyer
Guru

Please add your computer specs to your signature. See link in mine.

Is it only this project? If so, it is most likely what DJordje mentioned, or you have a corrupt or looping object in your project.

Ling,

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

Please add your computer specs to your signature. See link in mine.

You would think that, after 20 years of Archicad Talk, and now Community, people would learn that this is the basic requirement...

Djordje

HP Omen

Can we just force everyone who comes on here to read my two threads before they can make their own thread? XD

Djordje
Ace

That is a question for @Gordana Radonic 

Djordje

HP Omen

Thank you, @Djordje for drawing my attention to this topic. I will pin @Lingwisyer's post so that is more visible, and we can add recommendations when updating guidelines for posting.

As for the original @t3rks's question, Djordje's recommendations are worth trying. Adjust layer combination to turn off all layers with elements that are anyhow not visible on sections/elevations and try using limited horizontal range instead of an infinite one inside the section/elevation settings. That usually helps with generating sections/elevations. However, it seems to me that technical support should take a look into your problem, because it might be something project specific. Get in contact with your local support: https://graphisoft.com/contact-us/get-in-touch. `

Hope this helps, 
Gordana

Gordana Radonić

Community Manager

POTS
Booster

I have the same problem and it seems that it has nothing to do with my computer specs and/or my model. ram is under 50%, model is complex but not more than many other ones that we had before. It also happens only in one particular section.

AC 25 NED 6000 | WIN 11 | i9 + 32GB + RTX 2080TI

Given that it only happens in a single section, have you tried making a new one of the same view and seeing if it also does not generate? If so, my guess would be that your have some corrupt object in the view which is breaking it... You can try toggling your layers to attempt to identify the culprit if that is the case.

Ling.

POTS
Booster

Thanks for you answer, I made a new section and it does generate, what could be the case then ? Is there something I can do to prevent it from happening ? or diagnose it ? I have the same layers.

AC 25 NED 6000 | WIN 11 | i9 + 32GB + RTX 2080TI

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!