Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 26 on MacOS Monterey 12.6 Freezing

NMAA
Participant

Anytime I open a PLN in Archicad 26 the application freezes on Loading Library Parts. In Activity Monitor it shows as “Not Responding”. Here are my system specs:

Model: Mac Pro, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1650 v2 @ 3.50GHz

Memory: 32GB

This have tried the following to fix the issue, but unfortunately nothing has worked:
Installed the latest Archicad 26 update

Rebooted the system several times

Reinstalled Archicad 26

Tried repairing the PLN’s (they open fine on another Mac running same OS)

I have made sure all Software Updates/App Updates on the Mac are up-to-date

Verified Archicad 26 has Full Disk Access

Followed the Freezing – Troubleshooting article on Graphisoft site

I am attaching 4 Samples and the Hang Log. Please let me know if you can determine why we can not open this PLN.

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried restarting your Mac in safe mode and launching the file to see if there are any third party apps conflicting with Archicad? Or set up a test user account and try it from there. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Also, does it happen with every file and can you abort the loading library process and see if Archicad proceeds to open from there?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

It may also be worth clearing the preference files. I believe they are retained even if you remove and reinstall Archicad. Archicad will recreate them on launch but you will lose all of the file history from the Start Archicad window and also your work environment settings. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Hi Lee,

I attempted all the things you mentioned. Unfortunately it did not correct the issue. The one thing I can't perform is Aborting Loading Library Parts, as the entire application is frozen and I can't click on anything. The only way is to Force Quit Archicad 26 😞 

Is there a way to better determine if a 3rd Party Application could be causing this? I work for an IT MSP, and this is a client computer I'm attempting to fix. The computer has so many applications installed on it, I have no idea where I'd even begin. 

It might be worth contacting Graphisoft local support to see if there are any known application conflicts. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)