Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Infinity pool

Mr_X
Participant

Hello guys, i have one question. How do you create a pool like this. I need that pool for Lumion so i want to design it in Archicad. Is there any way to design it or maybe somewhere download object.

Thank you

images.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
Karl Ottenstein

Seems pretty basic - what problem are you having?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I mean do i have to do it as custom pool or can i download as 3d model? 

Dave Seabury
Advocate

you will have to model it, Not to difficult

DaVID

AC 19-24 Windows 10 64 bit, Dell Prercision 7820, Xeon Silver 2414R ( 12 Cores), 64 GB Ram, Quadro RTX 4000 8GB

You will not find something that looks like this. I have modeled several infinity edge pools and it is easiest to just model it for what you want. If the size and shape doesn't matter too much you might find something on 3D Warehouse.

I have attached a screenshot of a SS Infinity Pool I have done on a Private Penthouse roof deck.

Gerald
"The simplification of anything is always sensational" GKC
AC 25-4013 USA, CadImage Tools
2019 MacBook Pro 16" w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU
OS X 11.6
2.4 Ghz 8 core i9, 64 GB RAM
27" LG 5K Monitor
ryejuan
Advisor

like what rest have said its easier to model the specific infinity pool design you want and on top of that you can generate the details base on the model. 😎

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
jfaugustine
Booster

I recently modeled a waterfall edge pool in Archicad with the wall tool for the pool, a slab for the water, and a thin wall for the "waterfall".  (A profiled wall could also be utilized to include the coping, waterline tile, etc.)  It all rendered nicely in Twinmotion.

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...
Lingwisyer
Guru

I prefer to model pool water with a mesh as then you do not need to worry about intersections or double lines in section and it is easier to select. It also allows you to set a colour fill to be able to quickly identify water bodies in sections.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660