Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Lite version? NEED HELP?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read rumors on some other CAD forums that Graphisoft is coming out with a LT version of ArchiCAD...is there ANY truth to this???
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
There has been a "Start" version for years now.
Here is a comparison of Archicad 22 and the Start versions 2018 and 2017 so you can see what is missing.

http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/marketing/ACSE2018/ACSE2018_to_earlier_comparison.pdf?_ga=2.199891182....

More info ...

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/archicad-start-edition/archicad-start-edition-2018/

Also please make the subject title relevant to you problem in future posts.
"Need help" provides no description of the problem what so ever.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brett Brown
Advocate
Its called "Solo", been out for years, far superior than the Start version, here's the description from the Graphisoft site
"Solo licenses for Solo ARCHICAD versions are available in the UK, USA, Brasilia, South Korea, Hong Kong and in Japan. Solo version has the exact same functionality as the Full version except it doesn’t include TeamWork, Cinema 4D rendering engine and Hotlink/X-ref capabilities."

4500 pounds for Teamwork, 1800 pounds for Solo for example.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Barry Kelly
It looks to me from what I am reading that Start and Solo have the same limitation (no teamwork or Cinerender), but Solo can read a PLN file whereas Start can not.

It is not very clear on the Graphisoft web sites but Solo would be the one to get (if you can) if you want compatibility with the full version.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Brett Brown
Advocate
There is quite a bit missing in the Start version, number one being no Publisher. here's the Link to the comparison

http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/marketing/ACSE2018/ACSE2018_to_earlier_comparison.pdf?_ga=2.166966206....

Have asked Central Innovation/ Graphisoft to supply Solo in Australia & NZ but they flatly refused.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I was going to say it varies region to region in name and functionality and availability, but I think that point comes across above.

Price comparison also stops making sense if you have multiple seats / licenses I suppose? As in, the stripped down version is one single license only?

I am a bit unclear on the licensing costs, but I don't think we pay 4 times the price of having a single full license for having 4 network licenses.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5