BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Smart cities

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am wondering if Archicad is used to design smart cities also or any sustainable urban areas, using smart city approaches? Or in other words, how is Archicad developing in CIM (City Information Modelling) direction, if it does?

Are there any good references/projects of Archicad Smart Cities/sustainable urban areas?

And also, does anyone know any Architecture/urban design offices around Germany, preferably in Berlin, that does urban designing with Archicad and is already implementing some of the smart cities/CIM approaches?

I know Revit and GIS (and their collaboration) were used in most of smart cities projects, but since I believe Archicad is a better design tool, would be great if can be also used for Smart Urban designing or somehow in this way.

Thank you for answers or any tips where can I get more information on the topic.
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
All what I did hear about using ArchiCAD in modelling cities - it was almost 20 years ago. If I recall correct it was collaboration of local ArchiCAD distributors and governed institution to create complete model of Hanover. I did read about it on Graphisoft web-cite and when communicated with architects in Hanover they said this information is correct.

Smart cities is interesting subject. But as I understand, the leading role in creating cities models are on Google Map and similar companies that creating maps.

I just have found really interesting workflow - how to extract 3d data from Google Map into Blender. After it's done - the model possible to export to ArchiCAD and use as surrounding.

Learn and get certified!