Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad crashing at opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad files crash as soon as I try to open them. Immediate bug report and then the crash.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering if this has anything to do with Windows 10 security update. Has anyone else had this problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I uninstalled latest Windows update but that did not help. Still crashing.
Barry Kelly
Your signature says Archicad 21 and Windows 7.
You post mentions Windows 10 but not which version of Archicad.
What exactly are you using?
Maybe time to update your profile as well.

So will Archicad start and can you open a default template?
Is it all files crashing or just some, or is it not even getting to the file open option?
Does the bug report come up and have you sent it off and followed up with your local Graphisoft support?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,
I've updated my profile. I am using ArchiCAD 21 on Windows 10. I've been on Windows 10 for months.
As soon as I try to open any ArchiCAD file I get the bug report. I've tried to send the report but I get a message "Failed to submit the bug report file due to network communication errors". I've been in touch with Chris Clark, Bim6x ArchiCAD Solutions Director. At his suggestion I've tried to update the codemeter driver. That did not help. Next he suggested I clean my preferences but I cannot find the files I need to delete according to the Help center Tips.
Barry Kelly
jcrarch wrote:
Next he suggested I clean my preferences but I cannot find the files I need to delete according to the Help center Tips.

Thanks for the profile update.
In Windows the preferences are in a hidden folder (AppData) in the user folder.
In Windows Explorer, go to the 'View' settings and change it to 'show hidden files/folders'.
Now you should be able to find the preference files.

You could also try to re-install Archicad with the 'Repair' option.
Then make sure the latest update is applied again.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,
Thanks for your input. I was on the phone yesterday with Tech in Massachusetts for 3 1/2 hours. They tried everything you mentioned & then some but they couldn't fix the problem. They have referred my situation to HQ & I'll have to wait & see if HQ can come up with a solution.
Thanks again,
Jack