Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad file saving to Temporary Location

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am curious if anyone else has ever run into this issue.

My projects are sometimes saving to a temporary file, which at the end of the day cannot be located and/or opened.

For example. I was working on a project all day, saving as I continued along with no errors. Later in the day after I had closed that file and worked on other items, I went back to the file to open, but it would not locate. It had saved to a temporary file, but never notified me Archicad was doing this. The file it saved to shows up as [/private/var/folders/p8/hbfhhqt16yggd9t8Q9r4mnd40000gp/T/Archicad-64_1947084627. When finally locating the file location, it was a text file not in any format related to Archicad.

I am able to go back to the old file on the server and open it, but it would not have any of the work I had recently done. The biggest frustration on this is that you cannot tell it is saving to that file. It gives you no warning. I thought it could be a server connection issue, as my files are saved to a server. But even if I lost connection, the program should warn me that I cannot save and require me to save elsewhere.

This has happened to me on a couple different projects, so it was not related to a bad file. Really confused.

Thanks so much.

Steve
0 REPLIES 0