BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad for preparing for architecture degree.

kazana
Participant

Hi, I have been doing research into different CAD software for architecture and Archicad seems like one of the better pieces of software for architecture.

I'm planning on doing an architecture degree in the future but I need to build a portfolio up, and Archicad looks like a far better version of what I have been using. Would you say that the 30 day free trial is enough time to really get an idea of what you're doing? I noticed that it's subscription based like Autodesk Revit, but there's an option to buy a perpetual license, would paying for a quarter or six months be cost effective if all you're planning to do is learn and build a portfolio for university?

2 REPLIES 2

If you have a student email address with your university or can prove student status you will be able to get a student license. The Free trial version doesn't allow you to save.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)
Eduardo Rolon

IIRC the trial lets you save but the file(s) will not open after the trial ends unless you buy a license. Also trial files can only be opened by the Trial version that created them.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!