BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad sounds turned off, but still getting sounds when trimming roofs together?

Liamthanks
Booster

Hi all,

I have Archicad sounds turned off as I find them incredibly irritating, but for some reason I still get a 'ding' sound every time I trim 2 roof panels together and as you can imagine, this becomes annoying very quickly when doing a lot of panels.

Is there another setting somewhere?

Liamthanks_0-1633743027161.png

AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM
8 REPLIES 8

🙂   Yes. And if you check the box to Enable it, it will make two sounds - a beep and a honk.  Here is a free tip about using roofs.  The Ctrl-Click function is great but it wont work if the Roof slope/pitch is 0.  However, it will work if the slope is set to some tiny little number like  .00000000001 or something.  This is very useful sometimes for finding intersect points, modeling concrete flatwork, soffits, all sorts of stuff.  Then when the joints are made you can change the roofs back to a slope of 0 if you like.  Lots of times you may choose to model something using one sort of Element or another just for the sake of using something that is easy to modify as the design develops, and then replace it with an element that is more useful for other reasons like Interactive Schedules.    

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Which is even worse then....😪

AC24 Build 7000 AUS - Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon 5700 XT, M.2 NVME 0.5TB SSD, 32GB RAM

Hello Liamthanks,

You can modify or delete ".wav" sound files into :

Windows
/Program and files/GRAPHISOFT/Archicad XX/Archicad XX.exe/Contents/Resources

MacOS

/Applications/GRAPHISOFT/Archicad XX/Archicad XX.app/Contents/Resources

No WAV sound file no sound 😉

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question!

I'm wondering whether Christophe's suggestion works in your case? I am thinking that, maybe the sound comes from the system instead of Archicad. I couldn't reproduce the issue on Windows, but I'm not sure if I use the right command (Trim Elements to Roof/Shell?)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Minh,

I haven't tried deleting the files as suggested just yet as I didn't really want to mess around with that unless I really had to.

I am on Windows and the sound is made when I have a roof selected and cntrl+click the adjacent roof to make join at the intersection point.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

I just tried the command you mentioned, and indeed, there is sound feedback. This turned out to be a sound coming from the OS (Windows in this case), thus the option inside Archicad does not affect this. As it is a problem with the system, I can't think of any viable solution other than disabling the notification sound of the system.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! Feel free to ask if you have any further questions!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Liamthanks
Booster

As you have eluded to Minh, it appears it is a Windows prompt related to "ALT+" commands which in this case is my roof trim command. I have changed the "Default Beep" sound to have no audio in my OS sound settings which resolves the issue, but also leaves me without any audio prompt for other applications where this is applied. Will see how this goes in the meantime.

Nyarumian
Participant

Just a thought.
Wonder if one could save over .WAV sound with a less annoying sound... 
Just a thought. Haven't tried it. 

But man, do I hate the ping! 

Learn and get certified!