BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Archway Door

Eman
Contributor
Hi,

Please how can I insert a 2.5M archway door. And I also want to know how can I insert open doors (without any doors installed).

Thanks
Eman
Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eman:

Search for the folder "Openings" for the Door Tool, it has an Arch Top Door Opening and other types of openings. For the other door types, in the Door dialog box go to Door Settings and Openings > Door Leaf and select "Empty" (at the bottom of the list).

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eman
Contributor
Hi David and thanks for your reply.

Yes in fact that is the fist thing I did, I looked into the folder "Openings" for the Door Tool but there is no an Arch Top Door. I think because at the moment I am using a trial version. I looked in https://bimcomponents.com/GSM/Details/21706 and I think it is as the one that I am looking for. If I download a file from bimcomponents.com, where do I have to copy it?
Eman / Draftsman
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Lingwisyer
Guru
There should be no difference in the library between using a trial version and a commercial licence...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Eman
Contributor
Lingwisyer wrote:
There should be no difference in the library between using a trial version and a commercial licence...
Ling.
Hi Ling thanks for your reply and this is what I have in the ''openings'' folder:

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/349/34902464998d104cddebbfab4a904b52_3d5.jpg
Eman / Draftsman
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eman:

Your screen shot is of the Favorites for that tool, which is not all the available doors. Double-click the Door Tool icon to open its settings dialog box, select the magnifying glass in the upper left corner (the search option) and type "Arch Top" to find those door types.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eman
Contributor
David wrote:
Double-click the Door Tool icon to open its settings dialog box...
Hi David, OK now got it!

Thanks again.
Eman / Draftsman
Learn and get certified!