BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Are you using 22?

Brad Elliott
Booster
Are you using ArchiCAD 22? In the past there have been lots of discussions about new features or as it seemed last year lots of complaints about bugs. This year 22 seems to have come out and disappeared from discussion. If you are using it is it stable? Do you recommend upgrading or waiting for updates?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
7 REPLIES 7
insideru
Advocate
I haven't switched to 22 for production yet. I plan to finish my current projects in 21, but i'm also kinda scared honestly. Waiting for the first patch is always a good thing. Also i plan to migrate and clean my template a little bit first, and i didn't find any time for it yet. Make sure you get an answer from others using macOS, 21 had major issues at launch and for a few good months afterwards with High Sierra.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
I normally prefer to wait until the 2nd patch, but in this case, I needed the support for a 4K monitor. I haven't run into any major issues, and I really like the responsiveness, especially in 2D.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
gpowless
Advocate
I was a beta tester and have been using AC22 from the beginning, starting all new projects and upgrading AC21 projects started in 2018. I haven't experienced any big issues.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
DGSketcher
Legend
I'm using AC22 UKI on an iMac High Sierra 10.13.6 without any significant issues.

There are some minor graphics issues with screen updates, but everything else seems stable. I did have a glitch moving an AC21 project over that required an "Open & Fix" to clean out the problems. I don't know what was wrong other than some unknown item was deleted, it was fixed though and everything is now running smoothly.

On migration I have had a couple of items "missing" or not replaced with the latest objects.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon
Using it and though there are some annoying bugs that need work arounds (using headlines in Index sort is broken for example) the speed bump over 21 is welcome.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here are some of the issues discovered in AC22

- Point Cloud: Drops some of it's information from section/elevation view. (Mac Only)
- Interior elevation: Copying & pasting drops linked drawing.
- Interior elevation: Views must be saved as INT group else copying and paste elements between view would crash ARCHICAD session.
- SPEED: Slow 2D plan generation.
- GDL: Changing attributes(pen, fill type...) @ 2D symbol level could crash ARCHICAD session.
Jeff Griffin
Enthusiast
We've been using AC22 since it was released, but we're noticing a nasty bug when creating PDFs. When the resulting PDFs are opened in Bluebeam or Adobe Reader, we're finding that entire sheets act as hyperlinks to other pages. Clicking anywhere on the page (even when clicking on a blank space) you are transported to a different page. You can see this behavior for yourself by creating a PDF from the default AC22 template that ships with the software and then opening it in Adobe Reader. I've also included a link below to the PDF I created earlier today. The issue starts on page #2, but also shows up on pages 3-6 & pages 16-31. It seems to only effect sheets that show plan views.

Try it for yourself. Here's that link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ql4ctnay0qpatmd/AC22%20Standard%20Template%20Test.pdf?dl=0

The other issue we've discovered is that the PDFs generated from AC22 can't be marked up in Bluebeam without the file becoming corrupted. Even something as simple as opening a PDF in Bluebeam, adding one small mark and then saving the file will corrupt it.

We've reported this issue to GSNA Support on 8/9, but haven't received a solution yet. I can't believe that this issue isn't more widespread. Crossing fingers for a solution very soon.
iMac 27 (2020) 3.8 GHz Core i7; 128 GB RAM; Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB GPU (macOS Sonoma)
MacBook Pro M1 Max; 64 GB RAM; 32-Core GPU (macOS Sonoma)
ArchiCAD 27/26/25 Full (latest builds). User since AC12 (2008).
Learn and get certified!